ACC Departures

BeeRBee

Jolly Good Fellow
Good move for Collins. Wake could be hurting again if they don't pull a last minute recruiting coup or snag a GT big. Their only bigs on the roster right now are Mitoglu (stretch 4, not a big), Mathias (unknown frosh from England) and they just signed a HS kid from France who supposedly is a project.
This has snagged me a few times recently, but using GT for graduate transfer on a Georgia Tech message board is hella confusing. In this case I literally started to wonder which recruits Wake had stolen from us recently before realizing the context.

I'm getting old and slow.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Good move for Collins. Wake could be hurting again if they don't pull a last minute recruiting coup or snag a GT big. Their only bigs on the roster right now are Mitoglu (stretch 4, not a big), Mathias (unknown frosh from England) and they just signed a HS kid from France who supposedly is a project.

Doral Moore?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
This has snagged me a few times recently, but using GT for graduate transfer on a Georgia Tech message board is hella confusing. In this case I literally started to wonder which recruits Wake had stolen from us recently before realizing the context.

I'm getting old and slow.

Gets me everytime as well

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This is SEC related but will include it anyways

I expect him to get information and come back, but would be a huge blow to UGA if he decided to stay in.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
This is SEC related but will include it anyways

I expect him to get information and come back, but would be a huge blow to UGA if he decided to stay in.

Not a bad decision to declare. With the new rule about returning I think all Jr's that are borderline NBA players should take advantage of it. Get feedback and work on what's keeping you from being drafted.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Not a bad decision to declare. With the new rule about returning I think all Jr's that are borderline NBA players should take advantage of it. Get feedback and work on what's keeping you from being drafted.

Agreed. It's not overly punitive to "test the waters" like it was years ago (unnecessarily IMHO).

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Agreed. It's not overly punitive to "test the waters" like it was years ago (unnecessarily IMHO).

I don't know if he still does it but Cal was quoted for a while that he was going to have his whole team declare including the managers.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Let's say, just for discussion, that uga has a chance to fill Maten's slot with a decent recruit (let's pretend it Evan Cole), but is not sure if he will stay in the draft. I am not sure how many open slots they have, but assume for a moment Maten's departure opens up what looked like a full roster. If uga signs Cole, does that lock out Maten?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Let's say, just for discussion, that uga has a chance to fill Maten's slot with a decent recruit (let's pretend it Evan Cole), but is not sure if he will stay in the draft. I am not sure how many open slots they have, but assume for a moment Maten's departure opens up what looked like a full roster. If uga signs Cole, does that lock out Maten?

Ol' Foxy would be foolish to do that IMO. To see why, consider his motivations.

Maten's the best player they've had in years. Fox is facing the firing squad this season. Cole may eventually be good but, this coming season, he's not as impactful as Maten would be.

Fox has to play the short game even at the expense of the program overall.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
I chatted with some folks who are pretty close to TarHole hoops last night. They believe Bradley will go as long as he's a lock to be in first round. Apparently sees little upside to staying and moving up 5 spots compared to getting paid and starting career now. They believe Berry will test the waters, find out what he needs to work on, and return to CH. They feel confident they will land Knox now that Jackson is out. They are very confident Allen will be back at Duke and that Duke will get Duval but not Bamba.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I chatted with some folks who are pretty close to TarHole hoops last night. They believe Bradley will go as long as he's a lock to be in first round. Apparently sees little upside to staying and moving up 5 spots compared to getting paid and starting career now. They believe Berry will test the waters, find out what he needs to work on, and return to CH. They feel confident they will land Knox now that Jackson is out. They are very confident Allen will be back at Duke and that Duke will get Duval but not Bamba.
Your friends may be right, but the UNC fans (one a huge donor) that I know in Oriental are not so sure. The Brandon Ingram recruiting experience has sucked the confidence out of Chapel Hill. Ingram was (is) a lifelong Tar Heel fan, but went to Duke because of the impending sanctions. Now there is talk of the death penalty for three sports.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Your friends may be right, but the UNC fans (one a huge donor) that I know in Oriental are not so sure. The Brandon Ingram recruiting experience has sucked the confidence out of Chapel Hill. Ingram was (is) a lifelong Tar Heel fan, but went to Duke because of the impending sanctions. Now there is talk of the death penalty for three sports.

Then he's not a Tar Heel fan right? I mean. That's like going from the Sox to the Evil Empire.

He could have gone anywhere and he went to the most hated rival of the program he "loves"

Psh

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

UGA has one available scholarship right now so they can sign someone and it has no effect with Maten.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Then he's not a Tar Heel fan right? I mean. That's like going from the Sox to the Evil Empire.

He could have gone anywhere and he went to the most hated rival of the program he "loves"

Psh

Ingram came out of Kinston High which has been an absolute lock for UNC for years. Back beyond Stackhouse. Anyone from there that UNC wanted went there. It was an absolute shock that he went to Duke. And it was about the impending infractions.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer

My understanding is Bradley is being told he is a mid first round pick. He is working out like he is going.

My personal belief (FWIW) is you are right about Berry and Allen