A Message our Players (Reposted from the other site.)

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
You and @Ibeeballin may be the only people in the world who think we have worse talent than the Citadel.

Again, our top 3 coaches:
HC - 2 yrs exp, none at Pwr5, best record was 2 fewer wins than each of the team's 2 previous years
DC: 1 yr exp, with same HC
OC: 11 yr exp, 2 at FBS Grp5, with same HC

Given what our coaching staff looks like on paper, blaming our players should not be the first move.

Hard to take anything in this post seriously when you start by claiming that there's anyone who thinks we have worse talent than Citadel. Nobody thinks that. And nobody thinks that loss was acceptable or the fault of the players. The coaches messed that game up royally.

white coffey

Georgia Tech Fan

Great post! So when my boss gave me my performance review and said, “your division lost $10 million last quarter and you are the worst division in the company”, I said “WHAT’S THE POINT OF SPREADING NEGATIVITY?”

Woohoo!! I love this new freedom of no personal responsibility!!

My father told me early on, “grow up, man up, and take personal responsibility!”

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Hard to take anything in this post seriously when you start by claiming that there's anyone who thinks we have worse talent than Citadel. Nobody thinks that. And nobody thinks that loss was acceptable or the fault of the players. The coaches messed that game up royally.

Back in the 1980's, I went to watch professional wrestling in Orlandoland. I was actually able to greet Andre the Giant for his great bout and ( bad idea) pat his overly sweaty back.

I mention this because a lady sitting in front of me made a really significant comment during one of the early bouts. Guys were jumping and then bouncing from flat on their backs a good foot before the swinging arm of their opponent was to hit them. This woman turned to her friend and said, "These early fights are fake."

You're the second person I've heard use this logic.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
That never mattered the last twenty years. Gailey and Johnson were always fair game. Not sure why Geoker gets training wheels.
We are talking about our collective interpretation of what Carpenter meant in his tweet, right, and one side saying they thought he was talking about his teammates and the other side thinking he might equally referring to his coaches? What do gailey and Johnson have to do with it?

Animal02

Banned
10-11 wins consistently is pie-in-the-sky, but a consistent 8-9 is a reasonable hope.

What is unreasonable is seeing the vast depletion of our offensive and defensive lines and thinking we should go bowling this year.
Going bowling this year was in my view a ceiling...as in 6-6. Not going would be acceptable had we been competitive....hell even in '15 we lost six games by one score. We have not been competitive this year and we should have been. This is all on the coaching staff.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
How often were the prognosticators wrong about Tech? But that is not the point of this post.

Still not sure about being a hater or bad fandom.

As a fan, I "hate' it when Tech loses. I hate it when my family sits in blistering noon games and sees Tech lose to a team with less talented players. I hate it when players give their heart, soul and body to win a game and come up short. I hate it when officials blow calls. I hate it when coaches mess up.

I think all of us hate to lose.

I don't think that makes fans haters or bad fans when we discuss Tech football and complain about a 1-5 season so far.

+1
As a STH and having sat under the August and September sun and 90+ heat many many many times, it sucks when we lose. Especially when we are on manned and/or out prepped/ couched.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Back in the 1980's, I went to watch professional wrestling in Orlandoland. I was actually able to greet Andre the Giant for his great bout and ( bad idea) pat his overly sweaty back.

I mention this because a lady sitting in front of me made a really significant comment during one of the early bouts. Guys were jumping and then bouncing from flat on their backs a good foot before the swinging arm of their opponent was to hit them. This woman turned to her friend and said, "These early fights are fake."

You're the second person I've heard use this logic.

Near as I can tell your story has absolutely nothing to do with the point. You want to be taken seriously then don’t start your post with a nonsense statement like it supports or makes your point stronger.

Frankly my post also wasn’t making a point about the season. It was only about taking anything someone says seriously when they start their posts with a complete fabrication.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Near as I can tell your story has absolutely nothing to do with the point. You want to be taken seriously then don’t start your post with a nonsense statement like it supports or makes your point stronger.

Frankly my post also wasn’t making a point about the season. It was only about taking anything someone says seriously when they start their posts with a complete fabrication.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I apologize. I assumed that by using an example that has nothing to do with our shared passion for GT football you might think about what I was trying to say. I clearly assumed too much.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Going bowling this year was in my view a ceiling...as in 6-6. Not going would be acceptable had we been competitive....hell even in '15 we lost six games by one score. We have not been competitive this year and we should have been. This is all on the coaching staff.

All on the coaching staff. Even with our losses on OL and DL. Okay.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Not saying this is all “Collins Club” yapping, but if I was Tariq I’d get tired of hearing people yammering about how bad he & the rest of his teammates suck.
... dropping facts/evidence...
tenor.gif

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I really like @33jacket s posts.

I see improvement in the team, but I am not sure GT wins another game this year.

One thing I wish CPJ would have done is brought in a whole new defense coaching team... perhaps it was all about money.

I don’t have all the data but I do have some data. Better hope he out recruits.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I think the word for this particular thread is, ah, infantile. We apparently are so busy clearing the swamp we forgot the alligators.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I really like @33jacket s posts.

I see improvement in the team, but I am not sure GT wins another game this year.

One thing I wish CPJ would have done is brought in a whole new defense coaching team... perhaps it was all about money.

I don’t have all the data but I do have some data. Better hope he out recruits.

I wish we hadnt had to abandon the evolution in the offense from 2011 to 2013 with pistol sets and zone. Even though 14 was amazing in the base that offense qould have looked alot like what duke runs now.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
You and @Ibeeballin may be the only people in the world who think we have worse talent than the Citadel.

People don’t think Citadel is more talented than us. They think some people such as yourself are making way to big of a deal about it. You completely ignore the fact in Johnson’s first year we had to block a late field goal to beat Gardner Webb. And it’s obvious this transition is much more difficult than that one and this staff doesn’t have 3 players on offense that will have reasonable careers in the pros with 1 being a multi year pro bowler.

We shouldn’t have lost but we are playing with players completely in equipped to run the offense we are installing. Kind of like what Johnson was trying to do when he played Gardner Webb with Calvin Booker at qb.

Those not giving the new regime grace during this transition are showing their lack if knowledge for the sport.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
Great post! So when my boss gave me my performance review and said, “your division lost $10 million last quarter and you are the worst division in the company”, I said “WHAT’S THE POINT OF SPREADING NEGATIVITY?”

Woohoo!! I love this new freedom of no personal responsibility!!

My father told me early on, “grow up, man up, and take personal responsibility!”

This is how everything leads back to Johnson. If you want to start holding people accountable, everyone associated with the previous regime needs to stand up and take responsibility. Honestly it probably starts with Radakovich for hiring Johnson. It worked well for him because he parlayed the short term success into a job at Clemson. He was never going to be around to pick up the pieces from the triple option.