A Message our Players (Reposted from the other site.)

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m going to get yelled at for what I’m gonna say but ;

The UGA fans are roasting their coaches right now and have been for a day and a half, Ga has been in the top 10 for 75 years ! It is not being a bad fan by expecting performance from the players or coaches. Declaring Tech fans bad for expecting more than what’s being produced is the exact definition of an apathetic, whatever is produced is acceptable fan. Apathy is only called out when the team is producing at such a low level that there is no interest. I see it as a good thing that fans care enough to expect more, aside from personal insults it’s a good thing that people are involved enough to give a s*it. So right or wrong it is the very definition of being a fan, to complain and moan. I suspect that although the players are the ones giving the blood sweat and tears even they expect more of the team.

Being a good fan is not defined by sitting quietly and waiting for wins it’s defined by sticking with your team even if they are bad, and yes bitc*ing about them as they are.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer

The UGA fans are roasting their coaches right now and have been for a day and a half, Ga has been in the top 10 for 75 years ! It is not being a bad fan by expecting performance from the players or coaches. Declaring Tech fans bad for expecting more than what’s being produced is the exact definition of an apathetic, whatever is produced is acceptable fan. Apathy is only called out when the team is producing at such a low level that there is no interest. I see it as a good thing that fans care enough to expect more, aside from personal insults it’s a good thing that people are involved enough to give a s*it. So right or wrong it is the very definition of being a fan, to complain and moan. I suspect that although the players are the ones giving the blood sweat and tears even they expect more of the team.

Being a good fan is not defined by sitting quietly and waiting for wins it’s defined by sticking with your team even if they are bad, and yes bitc*ing about them as they are.
From 1949-1963 UGAG's football program was in bad shape

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer

Hell no it’s not a bad thing to voice your displeasure with the direction of your program. It is a bad thing when you are holding the wrong people accountable and not understanding the challenges the current staff is facing that are not of their own making.

I’m excited that in a few years we won’t have to worry about this talent discrepancy any more and if Collins isn’t working out by then we can go get another coach who will have a fighting chance from the get go. But blaming this staff for the performance of this ROSTER is foolish and the rest of the nation understands that. This board... not so much.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Hell no it’s not a bad thing to voice your displeasure with the direction of your program. It is a bad thing when you are holding the wrong people accountable and not understanding the challenges the current staff is facing that are not of their own making.

I’m excited that in a few years we won’t have to worry about this talent discrepancy any more and if Collins isn’t working out by then we can go get another coach who will have a fighting chance from the get go. But blaming this staff for the performance of this ROSTER is foolish and the rest of the nation understands that. This board... not so much.

This staff has lost their last two games against FCS opponents, but yes, the staff is perfect. You seriously don’t think the staff has any accountability?

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
People don’t think Citadel is more talented than us. They think some people such as yourself are making way to big of a deal about it. You completely ignore the fact in Johnson’s first year we had to block a late field goal to beat Gardner Webb. And it’s obvious this transition is much more difficult than that one and this staff doesn’t have 3 players on offense that will have reasonable careers in the pros with 1 being a multi year pro bowler.

We shouldn’t have lost but we are playing with players completely in equipped to run the offense we are installing. Kind of like what Johnson was trying to do when he played Gardner Webb with Calvin Booker at qb.

Those not giving the new regime grace during this transition are showing their lack if knowledge for the sport.

Your last paragraph says it all. The people complaining the loudest are a bunch of old men that most likely didn’t play a competitive sport other than recreationally as kids. They understand statistics but don’t understand that doesn’t tell the whole story.

Anyone that has played a sport at a high level or just has a basic understanding of the game can see what is going on now. They can see that the team is improving and understand that a team can improve and still lose games.

The Gardner Webb example is perfect. I can already hear that crowd saying he was the 3rd string and not suited for the offense without picking up in the irony of said statement. The other thing you didn’t mention was the defense. Hand CGC that Dline with MB at safety and I assure you we have more wins than we do right now and our transition would look a lot better. 3 SR (2 future multi year NFLers) and a future GT HoFer in Derrick Morgan starting. If Paul had this year’s defense, he gets blown out in that game and doesn’t sniff winning

Again, this is clear to people who understand the game. To those that don’t, it’s easy to look at wins and losses and focus on the big things that an 8 year old would notice. Maybe they don’t know how to deal with the embarrassment of losing to Citadel (which was embarrassing BTW) and lash out because it seems like it doesn’t bother CGC as much as it does them? I think I may have stumbled onto something here...

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
This staff has lost their last two games against FCS opponents, but yes, the staff is perfect. You seriously don’t think the staff has any accountability?

This staff went 7-1 in their conference last year as well. Can’t just point out the negatives.

Sure they deserve to take the blame for the Citadel loss. Honestly the defense was the most concerning thing for me in that game. We have enough talent to shut that offense down and seemed to not have different looks to throw at them. Frankly just seemed unprepared. With regards to what’s going on with offense I put very little blame on this staff. This roster is completely ill suited on the offensive side to do anything other than the option.

I think realistically we should be 2-4. I think we will get hammered in every game from here on out save VT. We may be able to hang around there for a while.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
That is literally what you are saying.

I've not said anything of the kind. Anywhere, any time. If it was "literally" what I am saying, you could produce a direct quote because I would have "literally" said it. I not only have not literally said it, I have not figuratively said it, either. No one else has, either, as far as I can tell. It's a straw man argument from a black and white perspective not grounded in reality.

Animal02

Banned
Your last paragraph says it all. The people complaining the loudest are a bunch of old men that most likely didn’t play a competitive sport other than recreationally as kids. They understand statistics but don’t understand that doesn’t tell the whole story.

Anyone that has played a sport at a high level or just has a basic understanding of the game can see what is going on now. They can see that the team is improving and understand that a team can improve and still lose games.

The Gardner Webb example is perfect. I can already hear that crowd saying he was the 3rd string and not suited for the offense without picking up in the irony of said statement. The other thing you didn’t mention was the defense. Hand CGC that Dline with MB at safety and I assure you we have more wins than we do right now and our transition would look a lot better. 3 SR (2 future multi year NFLers) and a future GT HoFer in Derrick Morgan starting. If Paul had this year’s defense, he gets blown out in that game and doesn’t sniff winning

Again, this is clear to people who understand the game. To those that don’t, it’s easy to look at wins and losses and focus on the big things that an 8 year old would notice. Maybe they don’t know how to deal with the embarrassment of losing to Citadel (which was embarrassing BTW) and lash out because it seems like it doesn’t bother CGC as much as it does them? I think I may have stumbled onto something here...
Nice hand waving away anything that does not fit your narrative.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
I've not said anything of the kind. Anywhere, any time. If it was "literally" what I am saying, you could produce a direct quote because I would have "literally" said it. I not only have not literally said it, I have not figuratively said it, either. No one else has, either, as far as I can tell. It's a straw man argument from a black and white perspective not grounded in reality.
Someone said the coaches weren’t responsible. Therefore, they are perfect.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Someone said the coaches weren’t responsible. Therefore, they are perfect.

"Someone said"? Who? Not responsible for what? You only gave a tidbit of the quote, there. The coaches aren't responsible for the terrible lines they've inherited. They are responsible for some bonehead decisions they've made. You see, the world is not black and white. It's a shade of gray.

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Jolly Good Fellow

We haven’t played a competitive half against P5 competition at all this year. We can’t get to halftime without getting our teeth kicked it. So, spare me the sanctimonious drivel about improvement.

Animal02

Banned
"Someone said"? Who? Not responsible for what? You only gave a tidbit of the quote, there. The coaches aren't responsible for the terrible lines they've inherited. They are responsible for some bonehead decisions they've made. You see, the world is not black and white. It's a shade of gray.
Yep ..throw the players under the bus. Such terrible lines we could not beat a FCS school.....go ahead accept far less than mediocrity

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Not responsible for what? You only gave a tidbit of the quote, there. The coaches aren't responsible for the terrible lines they've inherited. They are responsible for some bonehead decisions they've made. You see, the world is not black and white. It's a shade of gray.

OK, if that’s the case, then why the uproar? Why get so defensive when someone calls out our coaches? You admit, they’ve made boneheaded decisions. The team has been a dumpster fire and Collins hasn’t handled it well. No one has crossed the line. No one is threatening him or his family. No one is even asking for him to be fired. There’s nothing being said here that’s crossing the line, but you guys act like the coaches are off limits.