A Message our Players (Reposted from the other site.)

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Yes we did. And likely should have this year. But you do remember we won 7 games last year? Something we will not come close to this year.

Which is neither here nor there, since this is another year with another set of variables. I could just as well remind you of 2015, but that would be neither here nor there, either.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
OK, if that’s the case, then why the uproar? Why get so defensive when someone calls out our coaches? You admit, they’ve made boneheaded decisions. The team has been a dumpster fire and Collins hasn’t handled it well. No one has crossed the line. No one is threatening him or his family. No one is even asking for him to be fired. There’s nothing being said here that’s crossing the line, but you guys act like the coaches are off limits.

Off limits? I just said...good grief, you quoted me. You're the one living in the stark unreality of all or nothing. Don't try to hang it on me. I simply refuted your bogus claim that someone said the "coaches are perfect".

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I apologize. I assumed that by using an example that has nothing to do with our shared passion for GT football you might think about what I was trying to say. I clearly assumed too much.

I tend not to think about what people have to say when they start it with an insult towards others. You started whatever you were trying to say by insulting a couple of posters by saying they claimed something they didn’t. That’s your prerogative to do so. It’s very hard for me to pay attention to the rest of what someone says when they begin their discussions that way.

Usually I find you to be a reasonable poster even if I don’t always agree with what you are saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
At some point you have to accept that the workers are not getting the job done. Now you know who you should hold accountable but that will hurt a lot of feelings. Since you can't fire the workers, you have to put the management on notice and let them know if things don't improve, they will have to clean out your locker. It's a story as old as time. All the rest is window dressing and signifies nothing.

Go Jackets!

Deleted member 4873

Just the Facts,
The OL and DL is tremendously undersized.
There are literally no starters that Collins recruited. These are Johnson’s recruits.
We are all frustrated but we are outsized and outskilled, not outcoached.
Collins has a very strong recruiting class for December.
It is taking some time, more than we like but when a player tells fans the negative isn’t helping, he is correct.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Off limits? I just said...good grief, you quoted me. You're the one living in the stark unreality of all or nothing. Don't try to hang it on me. I simply refuted your bogus claim that someone said the "coaches are perfect".

I didn’t quote you. I quoted Boaty1 and you quoted my response to him.

Maybe if you’re going to claim people aren’t living in reality, you should get the facts right first about how the conversation started.

We were discussing the coach’s accountability. You decided to join that conversation opposed to it. Hence, the off limits side.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
At some point you have to accept that the workers are not getting the job done. Now you know who you should hold accountable but that will hurt a lot of feelings. Since you can't fire the workers, you have to put the management on notice and let them know if things don't improve, they will have to clean out your locker. It's a story as old as time. All the rest is window dressing and signifies nothing.

Go Jackets!

At some point, indeed you do. But after a period of time long enough to judge, not just a few games.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I didn’t quote you. I quoted Boaty1 and you quoted my response to him.

Maybe if you’re going to claim people aren’t living in reality, you should get the facts right first about how the conversation started.

We were discussing the coach’s accountability. You decided to join that conversation opposed to it. Hence, the off limits side.

You quoted me as saying the coaches made some bonehead decisions, and then claimed "you guys act like the coaches are off limits". That doesn't make any sense.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
You quoted me as saying the coaches made some bonehead decisions, and then claimed "you guys act like the coaches are off limits". That doesn't make any sense.

You quoted my comment to Boaty1 about the coaches not getting criticism because they aren’t accountable. Because you did that I assumed you agreed with him about not allowing criticism for the coaches. This is what happens when you jump into a conversation and pick a side lol

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
We were close to being tied with Gardner Webb, not losing. And if we almost lost to the Citadel and went on to win nine games, no one would care.

We also had 3 NFL dlineman and 3 NFL dbs on that team. All with experience. I jjst started another thread, but our D gave up 10.667 ppg in the first 6 games that season. You think things would look different with that pool of talent? You think we would have beat GW with our current defense? Highly doubtful.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
We also had 3 NFL dlineman and 3 NFL dbs on that team. All with experience. I jjst started another thread, but our D gave up 10.667 ppg in the first 6 games that season. You think things would look different with that pool of talent? You think we would have beat GW with our current defense? Highly doubtful.
I agree. I think Collins would have absolutely found a way to lose that game.

It’s worth mentioning that we played two 1-AA schools (and beat both of ‘em) and Duke in those six games, and offenses weren’t then what they are now.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
@jacket_fan I hear you. I am frustrated too. My message wasn’t trying to chase you or anyone else down. Just saying generally to the board. We are going to struggle this year. We had to know that was going to be the case when the decision was made to switch to this new approach.

We just have to ride through this wave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree. I think Collins would have absolutely found a way to lose that game.

It’s worth mentioning that we played two 1-AA schools (and beat both of ‘em) and Duke in those six games, and offenses weren’t then what they are now.

Do you think Paul wins the GW game with this year’s defense?

neb llarmus

Jolly Good Fellow
To me, it looked like they didnt let up until midway through the 4th, but others saw it differently. I think Cutcliffe definitely wanted to hand us a more embarrasing loss but our players had some pride and prevented it.
If you think Cut wanted to run up the score, wait until the last game of the year. In fact, all these coaches do. They want to destroy our recruiting before it can take root. It is a war!