3 UCLA players arrested by Chinese Police

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
3 freshman arrested for UCLA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if they will play. I looked at the roster, and this appears to hurt them inside the most. If they're out, Pastner just needs to have the Guards feed the Laminator inside all game.

GaTechNation

Georgia Tech Fan
I wonder if they will play. I looked at the roster, and this appears to hurt them inside the most. If they're out, Pastner just needs to have the Guards feed the Laminator inside all game.

Correct. They are all PF I believe. Charges were pressed so don’t believe they will play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
There's a big baller joke here...but it's too easy...

Anyhow, here's the interesting thing. The crime happened in China, so that means if the Chinese authorities want, they can punish the players as local laws allow. If the players are lucky, they will get their hands slapped and only miss the games as punishment. However, if China wanted to, they could make a BIG deal out this and these guys could be hung up in the system for a bit.

Good thing Trump is in Asia right now...

Is it?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
You mean we have to pay for stuff? I thought the Nike dude took care of that for us?

I agree it seems ridiculous, on it's face (what does that phrase mean?), that they could've misunderstood the paying arrangements. However, it could be possible it was a 'gift suite' sort of arrangement like most bowl games where they could've thought certain items were complimentary.

I imagine this was indeed some sort of misunderstanding. However, the fact that 20+ cops showed up in response (per reports), I imagine the Chinese government thought it was a big deal.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Chinese government is not going to arrest part of a US group on a public athletic tour who just met with the founder of Alibaba unless this is more than a "misunderstanding". Especially with la Prez coming to town. No unnecessary distractions. I have to believe they really screwed the pooch beyond any level of misunderstanding for this to be made public

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
So if they are suspended for the game the playing field gets a little more level. What are these kids thinking? This includes their frosh PF and frosh center.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
According to ESPN..

"The players are being questioned about stealing from a Louis Vuitton store that is located next to the team's hotel."

How could they think they would possibly get away with that??

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
When you’re a Big Baller, you do what you want....unless you’re in a Communist country and try to steal something worth more than 95% of the country makes in a year. Can you say “hard time?”

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
This has to be a huge distraction for the rest of the team. I don't care either way about UCLA, but this may ruin their season before it begins.