2024 non-GT games thread

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Its a shame they didn't get to play UNC and Miami I guess. Against common opponents (Wake, Syracuse, Louisville, BC, UVA) they went 4-1 while we went 3-2. Their average margin of victory was 15.6 points. Ours was 6.2 points. If they were as awful as you claim then we were pretty awful as well.
They also lost to 4-8 Purdue, 7-6 Rutgers, and 6-7 Marshall. Our worst losses were to 7-6 Bowling Green and 7-6 Boston College.

Nowhere have I claimed they were awful. They were not very good, and neither were we, but there is a chasm between very good and awful that you are trying desperately to jump.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
As I've said elsewhere, anybody feeling nostalgic for the spread option can watch Army or Navy games. Both teams use shotgun formations about 1/3rd of the time, but it's the good old spread option the rest of the way, especially for Army. "But, but," I hear y6ou say, "the rule changes make the spread option impossible to run!" Well, apparently not, especially if you have a certified load of a QB like Bryson Daily (6', 220) and can train your ABs to block straight-up downfield. Blake Horvath at Navy is also good; he passes slightly better and is faster.

I've been having a lot of fun watching these teams. And ND vs. Navy will be a war later on.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
As I've said elsewhere, anybody feeling nostalgic for the spread option can watch Army or Navy games. Both teams use shotgun formations about 1/3rd of the time, but it's the good old spread option the rest of the way, especially for Army. "But, but," I hear y6ou say, "the rule changes make the spread option impossible to run!" Well, apparently not, especially if you have a certified load of a QB like Bryson Daily (6', 220) and can train your ABs to block straight-up downfield. Blake Horvath at Navy is also good; he passes slightly better and is faster.

I've been having a lot of fun watching these teams. And ND vs. Navy will be a war later on.
We’ll see if it works vs. ND, fwiw I very much hope so

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I'm a little late to the Heisman highjack part of the thread, but my early opinion is Travis Hunter is the best player in college football. If he keeps up this level of productive activity, it would be hard not to vote for him.

Hijack? Hijack?

Shocked Pop Tv GIF by Nightcap

This is a non-GT game thread. Anything goes.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
We’ll see if it works vs. ND, fwiw I very much hope so
In off season, we can talk about how the portal to an option team at Gt could be
stout. Gt offense ol and ab recruited and trained with occasional portal. GT DEFENSE SUPER AGGRESSIVE AND recruitment HEAVY FROM PORTAL. No bend but don't break. because offense will wear you down in 4th quarter.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
In off season, we can talk about how the portal to an option team at Gt could be
stout. Gt offense ol and ab recruited and trained with occasional portal. GT DEFENSE SUPER AGGRESSIVE AND recruitment HEAVY FROM PORTAL. No bend but don't break. because offense will wear you down in 4th quarter.
What if you had a whole offensive unit that did nothing but CPJ spread option and you rotated them in and out of the game