2024 non-GT games thread

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I interpreted "... by their S. Hunter" as you assuming that Brown and Williams are the same player, both wear number 2 for Alabama.

If you meant that S. Hunter could do both then I would understand, but that's not what the sentences said, at least my interpretation.
Edited to add the last section above.
I think the S was for safety and not the initial of a first name.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Travis Hunter is an amazing player; Sanders has really screwed up the Colorado job when he has star talent like he does but can't win.
He's 8-9 having inherited a 1-11 team that lost a lot of games by more than 30 pts. Not sure if that qualfies as screwing up the job. Believe it or not they were worse than we were under the .... Then again, I'm not sure he had a punter come in and throw TD passes on him.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I don't know about you guys, but Kirby Smart and his staff impressed the heck out of me. Keeping his players head in the game after a 1stQ blow-out, adjusting and coming back to take the lead on somebody else's field ...
I mean, the same staff with a week off came up with a game plan that put them in a 28-0 hole.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I watched the VT Miami game. VT is for real. Good team. How did they lose 2 games?
Thats what VT does. They start the year looking like they don't know what a football is then magically find themselves in conference play. Last year they only lost 3 ACC games to FSU, Louisville, and NC State. Respectable losses. They also lost three OOC games, to Purdue, Rutgers, and Marshall. It makes no sense but it is what they do.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Thats what VT does. They start the year looking like they don't know what a football is then magically find themselves in conference play. Last year they only lost 3 ACC games to FSU, Louisville, and NC State. Respectable losses. They also lost three OOC games, to Purdue, Rutgers, and Marshall. It makes no sense but it is what they do.
VT beat Wake, Pitt, Cuse, UVA, and BC. The first 4 were the 4 worst teams in the ACC last season, and BC was 6th worst. FSU and Louisville were not respectable losses, VT got destroyed in both games.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Nice attempt to come back but Bama made the big plays. Beck likely not a Heisman candidate now with 3 picks that game. Might have if they had won. There sure were some big plays in that game last night. Bama QB more likely than him.
IMHO, beck was already having a lackluster season before he had 3 picks and a fumble in the bama game.

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
IMHO, beck was already having a lackluster season before he had 3 picks and a fumble in the bama game.
speaking of Beck, I know the kid has to pay for his Lamborghini or whatever it is, but it left a bad taste in my mouth for the last game to open the GT Gameday app, and the first thing I hear is some commercial featuring him yapping on and on about some credit union in Athens.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
I mean, the same staff with a week off came up with a game plan that put them in a 28-0 hole.
No doubt.
If it were us who lost a game in similar fashion I am sure this board would be much more concerned with how we were completely ill prepared and not ready to play.
Key wouldn’t be getting a lick of appreciation for “no quit” after the awful start and spotting them 28 points in the first half.
But whatever… yay, Kirby.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
That can’t be true. Since I was driving, I had to listen to the ugag broadcast. They would claim the refs missed a penalty against Bama on 2 out of every 3 plays, sometimes 3 out of every 4.
I have concluded the refs could call holding or pass interference (either way) on every play if they wanted to. It is often subjective on their part when to call it and not often consistent. I wonder if coaches have an opportunity to critique them to the ACC head of officials after a game, and if they are ever reprimanded.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
speaking of Beck, I know the kid has to pay for his Lamborghini or whatever it is, but it left a bad taste in my mouth for the last game to open the GT Gameday app, and the first thing I hear is some commercial featuring him yapping on and on about some credit union in Athens.
Don’t get me started. This is nothing new. Last year during basketball season it was Brock Bowers doing the credit union commercials on the GT app. Way to go GT. How stupid can we be?!

TampaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Don’t get me started. This is nothing new. Last year during basketball season it was Brock Bowers doing the credit union commercials on the GT app. Way to go GT. How stupid can we be?!
We do it to them also....I remember several GT themed commercials about investing during UGA games in recent years.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
We weren't, but we beat better teams than they did.
Its a shame they didn't get to play UNC and Miami I guess. Against common opponents (Wake, Syracuse, Louisville, BC, UVA) they went 4-1 while we went 3-2. Their average margin of victory was 15.6 points. Ours was 6.2 points. If they were as awful as you claim then we were pretty awful as well.