2024 non-GT games thread

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I don't know about you guys, but Kirby Smart and his staff impressed the heck out of me. Keeping his players head in the game after a 1stQ blow-out, adjusting and coming back to take the lead on somebody else's field ...
I guess Kirby did a good job of making sure his guys didn’t quit, but the entire 2nd half was absolute coaching malpractice by Alabama. They were snapping the ball with 15-20 seconds left on the play clock the whole half, and throwing intermediate to deep passes into tight coverage causing the clock to stop on incomplete passes. If Bama would’ve just managed the clock better, they probably would’ve kept UGA from scoring at least one TD, if not more.

Milroe proved he’s the best player in the country last night, but Daboer and staff are going to have to do a much better job they want to take Saban’s place as top dog. Otherwise Kirby will eat his lunch in the future. Your defense isn’t always going to cause 3 interceptions. For a game that ended up being one-possession, that’s huge.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Dont know if Duke is any good. But I actually found myself rooting for them (As I barfed a little in my mouth) as they were beating NC yesterday.

I dont wish ill will on anyone. But I wish nothing but massive ill will on that Collins guy who thinks he is a coach.
I didn't watch all the game, but neither team impressed me, although Duke has given us fits over the last few year's. We have had UNC's number and it would be good to bury them and their DC ...

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Nice attempt to come back but Bama made the big plays. Beck likely not a Heisman candidate now with 3 picks that game. Might have if they had won. There sure were some big plays in that game last night. Bama QB more likely than him.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I didn't watch all the game, but neither team impressed me, although Duke has given us fits over the last few year's. We have had UNC's number and it would be good to bury them and their DC ...
Duke was down 20-0 at half. They went to the run in second half and shredded unc defense while shutting down unc offense. TFG had a headset on and what looked like a phone he was communicating with someone while on the sideline. Maybe he was talking to Rhule asking for help. Hahaha

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Duke was down 20-0 at half. They went to the run in second half and shredded unc defense while shutting down unc offense. TFG had a headset on and what looked like a phone he was communicating with someone while on the sideline. Maybe he was talking to Rhule asking for help. Hahaha
Duke was 2-14 on 3rd down. Whoever Star Thomas is for Duke he had a monster game. 166 yards rushing with a TD and 45 yards receiving with a TD.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Maybe because they're not ... for real?

:sneaky:

Pedro Pascal Actors GIF by PBS SoCal

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

In the latest edition of Clown Chronicles ...

Sideline reporter said, when asked about his defense(sic) givin up 70, he said his players didn't respond "when the controller started rattlin" in their hands.

True story.

slugboy

Staff member
UNC is fourth in the ACC in talent composite over on 247. FSU is second.

UNC has 3 5*'players, and two are on the DL. They have 28 4* players, and could start every defensive position with 4 and 5 star players except for LB. They have no excuses on defense.

FSU has even fewer excuses.

We're tenth, by the way. I really like our roster. We could use a couple of more game changers, but I think we're trending in the right direction.

It's there anyone on the FSU or UNC roster you'd trade for?

Edit: FSU, ironically, has a gamer kicking the ball

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I guess Kirby did a good job of making sure his guys didn’t quit, but the entire 2nd half was absolute coaching malpractice by Alabama. They were snapping the ball with 15-20 seconds left on the play clock the whole half, and throwing intermediate to deep passes into tight coverage causing the clock to stop on incomplete passes. If Bama would’ve just managed the clock better, they probably would’ve kept UGA from scoring at least one TD, if not more.

Milroe proved he’s the best player in the country last night, but Daboer and staff are going to have to do a much better job they want to take Saban’s place as top dog. Otherwise Kirby will eat his lunch in the future. Your defense isn’t always going to cause 3 interceptions. For a game that ended up being one-possession, that’s huge.
I thought Bama was the better team last night and that their coaches had them ready and raring for Ugag. That the dwags came back was predictable, but the refs helped there, especially on fourth down. I was pleased that the better team won.

What really impressed me was Bama's team speed. They were faster then Georgia at almost every position. The other thing that was scary is how young they are. Several of their best players are freshmen. This is very bad news for the rest of the country.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I also watched the Puke - UNC clash. Neither team impressed me much. Duke has good D, but not enough to shut down a decent offensive team like Tech. UNC is ok on offense, but still has defense problems. Hard to say which outfit is the better, however.

I also think Tech can beat them both. We could also lose to both. It will depend on how we come out of the week off. Tech is more talented then Duke, but they now have the wind in their sails. It's hard to say how things will turn out, but I think we win. UNC might be harder, mainly because of Hamilton. He's hard to stop and doing just that is the key to beating the Holes. I look forward to taking them both on. ND as well.

Update: Watch the Army - Temple condensed game. The spread option is alive and well, albeit somewhat changed. It does help to have a good QB. Daily at Army and Horvath at Navy are both lights out.

Last edited:

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
I thought Bama was the better team last night and that their coaches had them ready and raring for Ugag. That the dwags came back was predictable, but the refs helped there, especially on fourth down. I was pleased that the better team won.

What really impressed me was Bama's team speed. They were faster then Georgia at almost every position. The other thing that was scary is how young they are. Several of their best players are freshmen. This is very bad news for the rest of the country.
That can’t be true. Since I was driving, I had to listen to the ugag broadcast. They would claim the refs missed a penalty against Bama on 2 out of every 3 plays, sometimes 3 out of every 4.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
That can’t be true. Since I was driving, I had to listen to the ugag broadcast. They would claim the refs missed a penalty against Bama on 2 out of every 3 plays, sometimes 3 out of every 4.
UGAgs next to last TD was as clear a push off as I’ve ever seen. No call. At least they didn’t flag the defender like they did Burnett in 2007.