2024 non-GT games thread

slugboy

Staff member
Don’t base too much off of week 1 patsy games
For bystanders in the thread,
  • Notre Dame beat a #20 Mike Elko-coached Texas A&M 23-13 in their home stadium
  • Clemson struggled offensively against #1 UGA, but their defense looks solid
  • Miami thumped Florida in their home stadium. They look loaded
  • VT - sigh
  • The other teams looked like they were playing preseason games
Miami looks like the toughest team after week #1. We have grit, and some talented players.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I meant odds going off nothing but week 0-1 performances. Obviously things can change but I think the average voter would see GT vs Miami as of right now
The “average” voter definitely sees Miami vs. FSU or Clemson still. But GT’s win over FSU is huge because it gives us a tiebreaker advantage over what will probably be one of the top teams in the conference. Outside of the top 3 there’s another group of GT, Louisville, NC State, and UNC. I’d say the odds are pretty high that the ACCCG is between 2 of these 7, with at least 1 coming from the first group.

Miami looks to have a real QB for the first time in a while, and might actually live up to expectations this time. The FSU-BC game will be interesting. Castellanos is a good QB and they do a good job of protecting him. Could be another dangerous sleeper team that probably won’t make it to Charlotte, but could keep somebody else from getting there. College football so often comes down to QB play, and we have an advantage there. So far Cam Ward and King have been the best 2 QBs in the league, and that very well could carry both squads to Charlotte.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
The “average” voter definitely sees Miami vs. FSU or Clemson still. But GT’s win over FSU is huge because it gives us a tiebreaker advantage over what will probably be one of the top teams in the conference. Outside of the top 3 there’s another group of GT, Louisville, NC State, and UNC. I’d say the odds are pretty high that the ACCCG is between 2 of these 7, with at least 1 coming from the first group.

Miami looks to have a real QB for the first time in a while, and might actually live up to expectations this time. The FSU-BC game will be interesting. Castellanos is a good QB and they do a good job of protecting him. Could be another dangerous sleeper team that probably won’t make it to Charlotte, but could keep somebody else from getting there. College football so often comes down to QB play, and we have an advantage there. So far Cam Ward and King have been the best 2 QBs in the league, and that very well could carry both squads to Charlotte.
BC will be interesting with O’Brian as their coach.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Miami looked physically superior to Florida. The Gators are #12 on the 247 talent composite rankings.
Miami was very impressive. Florida clearly has a bunch of great athletes. Ward was a special player yesterday. Based on his experience I suspect he will be very good all season for Miami. Miami is loaded with talent. Is this ACTUALLY the year they put it all together and win the ACC?

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Miami was very impressive. Florida clearly has a bunch of great athletes. Ward was a special player yesterday. Based on his experience I suspect he will be very good all season for Miami. Miami is loaded with talent. Is this ACTUALLY the year they put it all together and win the ACC?
No.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
LOL - If I had to bet on Miami of the ACC Field I would take the Field. If I had to pick a team to win the ACC at this point I would take Miami. Of course if Ward gets hurt like Travis did for FSU last year all bets on Miami are off.

Darthdad

Georgia Tech Fan
For bystanders in the thread,
  • Notre Dame beat a #20 Mike Elko-coached Texas A&M 23-13 in their home stadium
  • Clemson struggled offensively against #1 UGA, but their defense looks solid
  • Miami thumped Florida in their home stadium. They look loaded
  • VT - sigh
  • The other teams looked like they were playing preseason games
Miami looks like the toughest team after week #1. We have grit, and some talented players.

VT has long frustrated me. It's probably just perception but the Chokies seem to lose when I want them to win and win when I want them to lose. I'm sure they'll be fired up plenty when they play us. But in the meantime, they'll lose a non-conference game. They might beat us but then lose 2-3 of their remaining 4 games.