2024 non-GT games thread

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
Am I the only one who thinks it’s ridiculous ESPN changed their song and scoreboard just for the SEC game? A little overkill to me

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Florida is hot garbage, but Cam Ward has been impressive. Is the U back?
The U back ?
Laughter Through Tears Yes GIF by Studia Soyuz

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
Well, Except that I want to win the conference. So we need teams to lose a couple games.
If FSU wins out that means they beat Miami, the highest-ranked ACC team remaining on our schedule. They would also hand losses to UNC and Duke. If we drop a game, we own the tie-breaker against the Noles, so even if, for example, Clemson or Louisville wins out, we are likely still in.

There may be other scenarios where if we drop a game we won't make the championship, but so far we still control our destiny. Louisville on the road could be a tough out, but they have to play Clemson, so one of them will have a loss.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
tessitore just informed us that Florida has the toughest schedule in modern football history. The SEC is so good and the new division less set up… blah blah blah.
Granted, their schedule does look pretty tough right now.
I bet Florida will be the best 6 win team in the nation right up until the point where it would benefit Miami or FSU.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
If FSU wins out that means they beat Miami, the highest-ranked ACC team remaining on our schedule. They would also hand losses to UNC and Duke. If we drop a game, we own the tie-breaker against the Noles, so even if, for example, Clemson or Louisville wins out, we are likely still in.

There may be other scenarios where if we drop a game we won't make the championship, but so far we still control our destiny. Louisville on the road could be a tough out, but they have to play Clemson, so one of them will have a loss.
I LOVE noodling through these scenarios after <1 "set of conference games". Not sarcasm. That HOMECOMING game on November 9th could be pretty cool.

Until then... there's
SYR
LOU
DUKE
UNC
&VT

The win v FSU was so huge for thinking & dreaming about these things.

TRIGGER... the "we can't look past the current opponent" fan forum folks who think they have a locker at BDS. 😎

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
If Miami beats Florida by, say, 30 points or more does that mean, on average, an average ACC team is 1-2 points better than an average SEC team, just going by averages?