2024 non-GT games thread

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
If Miami beats Florida by, say, 30 points or more does that mean, on average, an average ACC team is 1-2 points better than an average SEC team, just going by averages?
No, see Miami is basically an SEC team, and Florida is a bottom of the barrel SEC team so that game pretty much means nothing. But since VT lost to Vandy, and VT was projected (based on pretty much nothing) to be one of the better teams in the ACC and everybody knows Vandy is a bad SEC team, that's proof the SEC is superior. And ugag dominating Clemson is further proof of that. (Also just ignore that south carolina is struggling mightily with old dominion, they'll be a tough SEC game once conference matchups start)

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
No, see Miami is basically an SEC team, and Florida is a bottom of the barrel SEC team so that game pretty much means nothing. But since VT lost to Vandy, and VT was projected (based on pretty much nothing) to be one of the better teams in the ACC and everybody knows Vandy is a bad SEC team, that's proof the SEC is superior. And ugag dominating Clemson is further proof of that. (Also just ignore that south carolina is struggling mightily with old dominion, they'll be a tough SEC game once conference matchups start)
Aha! It’s Miami now! It used to be the SEC said FSU was basically an SEC team, especially after they won a national championship, but we knew someone in the ACC would have to take their place eventually. Thank god they will never say that about Tech even if we win a natty with a perfect record. The SEC has its standards.

yoshiki2

Jolly Good Fellow
... their DC?

Sneaking Out Betty Cooper GIF by Lili Reinhart
Still I root for ACC teams or Notre Dame. The U seems to be back, they had a great game. It's good cus I got many friends who went there.

Last edited:

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
I feel like going off of week 0-1 performances, the numbers would have the ACCCG odds be us vs Miami, no?

The only teams that look legit are us, Miami and Louisville, but Louisville played a nobody.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I feel like going off of week 0-1 performances, the numbers would have the ACCCG odds be us vs Miami, no?

The only teams that look legit are us, Miami and Louisville, but Louisville played a nobody.
Depends totally on schedule and who you play where. We have some tough road games ahead. Not sure about others. Clemson will still be dangerous.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
Depends totally on schedule and who you play where. We have some tough road games ahead. Not sure about others. Clemson will still be dangerous.
I meant odds going off nothing but week 0-1 performances. Obviously things can change but I think the average voter would see GT vs Miami as of right now