2023 Adidas SWAG Watch

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Is this new???
Screenshot_20230626_231501_Chrome.jpg

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
No that's from last season. But the templates for our jerseys won't change again for a few years, other than a 1-off jersey here and there.

I believe the game Jersey template will change this year. Washington Huskies released theirs already. Nothing worth paying extra for or real noticeable but definitely a change

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Wore mine everyday for 5-6 months. The blue did bleed onto the bottom white part of the shoe. Otherwise I love them and will grab another pair. My desk job allows Polo/Jeans/Non open toed shoes. So I wear last years pretty regularly alternating with my driving moccasins.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Had a pair of ultraboost for running shoes a couple of years ago. (Non-GT version) They were initially the most comfortable running shoes I ever owned but after a month or so they started breaking down faster than any other brand I've ever owned. I usually get 450-500 miles on a pair of shoes before I have to replace them (every 5-6 months or so) but after maybe 200 miles the ultraboosts were shot. IMO, these could be great race day shoes but they were terrible as daily runners for me.

As a rule, I only wear my running shoes on runs and not as daily wear to help prolong their life. Didn't help out these.

All this said, they are great looking shoes and if you're looking for a comfortable statement shoe that you wear periodically, this could be the trick. If you are going to wear them regularly, you are likely to be disappointed in how long they last...

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Had a pair of ultraboost for running shoes a couple of years ago. (Non-GT version) They were initially the most comfortable running shoes I ever owned but after a month or so they started breaking down faster than any other brand I've ever owned. I usually get 450-500 miles on a pair of shoes before I have to replace them (every 5-6 months or so) but after maybe 200 miles the ultraboosts were shot. IMO, these could be great race day shoes but they were terrible as daily runners for me.

As a rule, I only wear my running shoes on runs and not as daily wear to help prolong their life. Didn't help out these.

All this said, they are great looking shoes and if you're looking for a comfortable statement shoe that you wear periodically, this could be the trick. If you are going to wear them regularly, you are likely to be disappointed in how long they last...
I wear mine as everyday shoes and have walked all over Europe in them, and they’re still in great condition. Are Ultraboosts intended to be running shoes? I’ve always assumed they were for everyday walking rather than running.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Are Ultraboosts intended to be running shoes?

Yes. They were originally designed with running in mind.

From the adidas site: "Praised for its cushioning, stability and style, the all-new adidas Ultraboost Light is recognized by Runner’s World as one of 2023's best training shoes—emerging from more than 100 models tested over several months for their annual Shoe Awards."

I know some people who run in these and absolutely love them. My nephew, for one. I just had extremely poor luck with their longevity.

I imagine as walking shoes they are amazing.