2023 Adidas SWAG Watch

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Had a pair of ultraboost for running shoes a couple of years ago. (Non-GT version) They were initially the most comfortable running shoes I ever owned but after a month or so they started breaking down faster than any other brand I've ever owned. I usually get 450-500 miles on a pair of shoes before I have to replace them (every 5-6 months or so) but after maybe 200 miles the ultraboosts were shot. IMO, these could be great race day shoes but they were terrible as daily runners for me.

As a rule, I only wear my running shoes on runs and not as daily wear to help prolong their life. Didn't help out these.

All this said, they are great looking shoes and if you're looking for a comfortable statement shoe that you wear periodically, this could be the trick. If you are going to wear them regularly, you are likely to be disappointed in how long they last...
Mine only get worn to Tech games and then every now and then when I know that I will not be walking around a lot or Trump sings around dusty areas like trails, baseball fields, etc. Definitely for show and as walking shoes for me... Don't want them to wear out too fast.

On a side note, I've seen someone sale, but the only size lifts were size 15 and 16!!!

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Mine only get worn to Tech games and then every now and then when I know that I will not be walking around a lot or Trump sings around dusty areas like trails, baseball fields, etc. Definitely for show and as walking shoes for me... Don't want them to wear out too fast.

On a side note, I've seen someone sale, but the only size lifts were size 15 and 16!!!
I assume you mean tromping around and not Trump sings? Listening to Trump sing is not on my to do list.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
NEW adidas pregame t-shirt (polyester), available from fanatics sites.
1689275244994.png

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
NEW adidas t-shirt (100% cotton) available from Fanatics sites.
1689339245433.png

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
NEW adidas shirts, available from Fanatics sites.
View attachment 14486
View attachment 14487
View attachment 14488
and another NEW one
1689358306655.png

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Had a pair of ultraboost for running shoes a couple of years ago. (Non-GT version) They were initially the most comfortable running shoes I ever owned but after a month or so they started breaking down faster than any other brand I've ever owned. I usually get 450-500 miles on a pair of shoes before I have to replace them (every 5-6 months or so) but after maybe 200 miles the ultraboosts were shot. IMO, these could be great race day shoes but they were terrible as daily runners for me.

As a rule, I only wear my running shoes on runs and not as daily wear to help prolong their life. Didn't help out these.

All this said, they are great looking shoes and if you're looking for a comfortable statement shoe that you wear periodically, this could be the trick. If you are going to wear them regularly, you are likely to be disappointed in how long they last...

You’ve experienced the infamous bottomed out boost. Based on reviews, UB 2019-current a lot more mileage out of them

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
You’ve experienced the infamous bottomed out boost. Based on reviews, UB 2019-current a lot more mileage out of them
I use a different running shoe for every different type of running workout. Ultraboost is the shoe I wear for long runs, mainly for the cushioning. They are used once a week, averaging about 10 miles per long run. I change them out once a year, so I get about 500 miles out of them. I started using them in 2019 and have never had a problem with them, so I guess that explains why. In fact, after I retire a pair from running, I put them through the washing machine and use them for walking and every day wear until they start to fall apart.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I use a different running shoe for every different type of running workout. Ultraboost is the shoe I wear for long runs, mainly for the cushioning. They are used once a week, averaging about 10 miles per long run. I change them out once a year, so I get about 500 miles out of them. I started using them in 2019 and have never had a problem with them, so I guess that explains why. In fact, after I retire a pair from running, I put them through the washing machine and use them for walking and every day wear until they start to fall apart.

I do the same thing. I have about 4-5 pairs of shoes in use at any given time. I got my ultraboosts about the same time as you but they completely wore out around 200 miles in. I use the Asics Gel-Kayano for my long runs now.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
If I get above 2 mph for any sustained time, I force myself to slow down. My shoes take a beating.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Those are so slick. I just can’t pull the trigger at $200
I just got an email saying these are available now from the B & N bookstore. I thought the stated price was a typo so I called. Turns out the advertised price IS in fact correct but it's inclusive - it does include free shipping, a cardboard box to ship/store them in and 1 pair of shoelaces. WTBS, I don't want my sneakers costing more than my suits. :oops: ;)