2021 Preseason Thread

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Maybe just maybe ................ no don't get your hopes up this early stech

When I discovered years ago that my thoughts, feelings, emotions, hopes, dreams, expectations, etc. did not correlate at all with how the team performed I was able to let go of the pressure that I was somehow jinxing or cursing the team when I made bold predictions. Being freed of that responsibility has allowed me to dream big....I think we will go undefeated this year.

“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?"
– George Bernard Shaw

“Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
– Mark Twain

“To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.”
– Anatole France

I think this year is THE year!!!!!!!! :) I am glad we get a tough schedule to prove it to all the doubting Thomases out there.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
National press definitely is not buying us, hope the team proves them wrong. This article is about best win total bets based on simulations.

It has GT as one of the top 'take the under', with the line set at 5 wins.

More a commentary on the 'schedule from hell' this year imo.

Snap under center.......maybe.....
1629246938296.png

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
National press definitely is not buying us, hope the team proves them wrong. This article is about best win total bets based on simulations.

It has GT as one of the top 'take the under', with the line set at 5 wins.

I like to look at this from the other angle, that usually the guys in the desert know more than the guys writing articles. Maybe Vegas sees a little more in us than the national media does.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer

CTC is going to be a head coach someday. It is really difficult to listen to him and not want to run through a brick wall. Just by listening to the passion in his voice when he talks TECH football shows why his position group is the best position group on this team.

Love coach choice, but can’t wait to see Tae2k. Jamious fastest in the 100m? Embarrassment of riches at tailback.

albanyjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Love the interviews but sure would like to know who the players are up front without having to guess. Also please let us hear the dang question!

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
FYI - Georgia Tech featured on tonight's ACC Roadtrip at 7 PM est.
From the email: "On Wednesday, the ACC Network’s 2021 Football Road Trip stops on The Flats to check in with Georgia Tech! Tech alums and ESPN college football personalities Chris Cotter and Roddy Jones will host the one-hour show, which will include behind-the-scenes footage from #GTCamp21, interviews with Yellow Jackets players, head coach Geoff Collins and athletics director Todd Stansbury, Cotter’s and Jones’ analysis of the 2021 Jackets and much more."

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Love the interviews but sure would like to know who the players are up front without having to guess. Also please let us hear the dang question!
The title of the video usually has the last names of everyone that talks in front of the mic in order. But I agree, they could add simple graphics that show names easily. As for mic-ing the interviewers, they used to do that during the monday morning press conferences that were indoors during the mid-CPJ times. Maybe whoever edits these videos could add in paraphrases of the questions or something.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

I wonder if it is important for them to have eyeballs on these interviews? I rarely watch them as the process of trying to figure out the question and what the interviewee is speaking to is to taxing for me. So I skip them. I wonder again if that is important to anyone in the GTAA for any reason? (serious question btw).

If they want to increase eyeballs on these things, a $10 investment in a microphone would provide enormous ROI.