2021 Preseason Thread

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Did anyone see when he got hurt? Was it just him going to the ground on his own? I'm guessing we weren't tackling.

Tough luck to get a season ending injury on Day 2 of your first college season. Looking forward to him getting healthy and back for next year.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
Did anyone see when he got hurt? Was it just him going to the ground on his own? I'm guessing we weren't tackling.

Tough luck to get a season ending injury on Day 2 of your first college season. Looking forward to him getting healthy and back for next year.
high pointed for contested catch, came down in a tangle with DB and was immediately obviously hurt. Got carried off.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Wanted to get & give thoughts on the press conference from Saturday (I dont see it on RR, but it is on the podcast; link)

My thoughts
1) This was an "in person" press conference. Why cant we get a Mic to the people asking the questions so you can actually hear the question? Looks like we could do better than that.
2) Liked the answer to the first question about emphasis on special teams. A little over the top IMHO calling our gunners from last year "Elite" and "some of the best in the country", but that is just CGC style. Maybe one day I will get used to it ....... but I doubt it. Its like Pastner starting everypost game with something to the effect of ..... "they are one of the best teams, best coached teams, best (fill in the blank) in the country" no matter who we played.
3) Looks like the buzzword for this year is Focus. Used it a lot. Stressed that there is not a lot of "rah rah and silliness". So, Im old school and I am a lot more confortable with Focus and think it will take you a lot further than rah rah and Silliness and other "gimmicks". Implication is that is what we were going on previously and that has changed. Good direction in my opinion
4) Talked about the depth at receiver. 19 in camp. The way things have started off, its a good thing we have it.
5) How was NIL "always in our DNA". Not sure what that means? Maybe it would have made more sense if I could have heard the question.
6) Talked a lot about the catapult numbers. Hope they translate to results.

SJ

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
I always thought the rah, rah the first 2 years was to help get us through one of the toughest situations I have ever observed in GTFB, and frankly I thought it was one of the better coaching jobs I have ever watched, it was never ever going to be about W/L, that was not even an option IMO, it was keeping moral, spirit, attitude up in an almost impossible situation, but now that is over and they can get to coaching more normal and get to where they want to take GTFB and I'm excited, not overly optimistic, just excited about the long term future and this year also. GO JACKETS!!!

gtfan021

Georgia Tech Fan

CTC is going to be a head coach someday. It is really difficult to listen to him and not want to run through a brick wall. Just by listening to the passion in his voice when he talks TECH football shows why his position group is the best position group on this team.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Pretty cool look at how the game views our players. I didn't watch the entire video but from what I saw they think pretty highly of Jahmyr Gibbs, Jeff Sims, and Ace Eley.