2020 Atlanta Braves News

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
The Braves have signed closer Will Smith to a three-year contract, the team announced. The three guaranteed years will pay Smith $39MM, and Atlanta has a $13MM club option for 2023. That option contains a $1MM buyout, as per The Athletic’s Ken Rosenthal (Twitter link), bringing the total value of the deal to $40MM. Smith is represented by CAA Sports.

Atlanta loses its third highest pick, in which they stand to get it back if Donaldson signs with another club.
AWESOME SIGNING FOR AA!:cool: I'm cautiously optimistic about the Braves bullpen in 2020.:cool:
AND he was fabulous in Pursuit of Happiness

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
What does this signing mean for the dudes acquired last deadline? Will they all be back still?
Yeah, I don’t think anyone will take Melon Man and his 14 m. for 2020.
Greene is a bargain, and can be decent. Chris Martin won’t be here.
The other gas cans might not be safe, who knows? I do like Webb!

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I really love what we have done so far this offseason. Signing O'Day and Smith is really going to bolster the pen. Kakes and Flowers aren't really overwhelming signings, but we got them very cheap which is going to allow AA to make the moves that he needs to make.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
I really love what we have done so far this offseason. Signing O'Day and Smith is really going to bolster the pen. Kakes and Flowers aren't really overwhelming signings, but we got them very cheap which is going to allow AA to make the moves that he needs to make.
The Braves need to resign Josh Donaldson and get a top shelf catcher:cigar: