2020 Atlanta Braves News

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
The Boston Red Sox fired manager Alex Cora

Wow, and his punishment hasn't even been handed out. Surely he'll get more than the HOU guys considering he's seen as the mastermind plus brought the strategy to BOS.

I didn't think this would be considered that big a deal. Boy was I wrong. I guess it's like the MIN Timberwolves thing years ago where they were found to have signed an off-the-books deal with Joe Smith. Got hammered but mainly as a warning to others.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Did you know Joe Smith, Walt Williams, wanted to transfer to GT back in the day when we were relevant in hoop play?

Lindor is considered by most publications the best SS in the game. I gave detail on him, a few or several pages back in this thread. Cleveland won’t trade him, unless you’re going to give them Swanson, Soroka, Albies and half the team. Talks at the Winter Meetings supposedly tanked when the Tribe asked for an enormous package in return.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Did you know Joe Smith, Walt Williams, wanted to transfer to GT back in the day when we were relevant in hoop play?

Lindor is considered by most publications the best SS in the game. I gave detail on him, a few or several pages back in this thread. Cleveland won’t trade him, unless you’re going to give them Swanson, Soroka, Albies and half the team. Talks at the Winter Meetings supposedly tanked when the Tribe asked for an enormous package in return.
I wonder how much the Orioles would want for OF Trev Mancini he hit 35 homers and had a .291 batting average:cigar:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I wonder how much the Orioles would want for OF Trev Mancini he hit 35 homers and had a .291 batting average:cigar:
Unfortunately, like Bryant and Castellanos, Alex Anthopoulos wants premium defenders. Mancini is not one of those. I don’t see it happening. Good thought, though. We definitely need a cleanup hitter. Guessing Kakes/Duvall can bat 5th?

Also on Lindor-SS position is at a premium, that’s why teams overvalue Catchers too.
Getting to where 3B, 2B are getting up there. CF is another spot valued a lot.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Did you know Baron Davis (of UCLA/NBA fame) and Tony Parker (San Antonio version) almost came to GT back in the day when we were relevant in hoop play?

We can do this all day if you want. (Please don't. Those were probably my best two factoids.)

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Cremins had a silent verbal from the Baron and Don McLean. Garnett, would have followed Marbury here, if college. CBC almost went to war with big John Thompson when he stole Reggie Williams on us. Al Harrington was ours, if college. I think LaBron James loved Hewitt or his Mom did, again if college. I’ve got plenty more, some I was able to write letters with-when it was legal. Poker game, you out now?

Guys, I’m hoping some of the WM talks that were fruitful, will come to fruition.
On podcast in December, Alex said he and Perry had moves they could make.
@THWG , I’m not against trading some prospects. Kind of like last July, when the ‘Pen needed some fixes. I like 1 to 1 deals, or 2 for 1 at the most. Fill needs.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Riley has been working out hard this Winter. That comes from an employee, not me. I have enough trouble remembering my routine. Camargo, haven’t heard about. Last off-season he didn’t seem to please management, as they were down on him. The results we witnessed on the field, reflected that and his attitude. He was great from May/June on through September in 2018. Hope we see that Johan. Need them both.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Riley has been working out hard this Winter. That comes from an employee, not me. I have enough trouble remembering my routine. Camargo, haven’t heard about. Last off-season he didn’t seem to please management, as they were down on him. The results we witnessed on the field, reflected that and his attitude. He was great from May/June on through September in 2018. Hope we see that Johan. Need them both.
I really like Riley, but he is going to be a guy that hits .230-.250 with 30+HR and 200+ Ks. I could live with that if he increases his walk rate and we sign either Ozuna or Castellanos.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Braves Brethren Brothers;
Would you give up Kyle Wright, Touki Toussaint, & either Duvall or Inciarte for OF Mitch Haniger of Seattle? Is that fair to the Mariners, would they do it?

Fred;
Would you give up Carter Kieboom & a lower Minor League arm for Kyle Seager, 3B?

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Braves Brethren Brothers;
Would you give up Kyle Wright, Touki Toussaint, & either Duvall or Inciarte for OF Mitch Haniger of Seattle? Is that fair to the Mariners, would they do it?

Fred;
Would you give up Carter Kieboom & a lower Minor League arm for Kyle Seager, 3B?
Based on the label as the Nationals "top prospect" that Kieboom carries in an already thin farm system, I say no. At this point, I'd prefer they take their chances & throw Kieboom in the fire at 3B. Maybe platoon with Cabrera until comfortable... or figure out a way to make him comfortable. It is risky... he already struggled last year in those 10 or so games he was up with the big club. But he must be close. His numbers at AAA we really solid. See what you have (owning the fact he's young & out of position)... then look to make a trade in season if the situation dictates.

The Nationals are in a tricky spot. The window is closing with such an old roster & not much in pipeline (if you believe reports) . The impact of losing Rendon could be substantial. Hard to quantify how much his presence in lineup helped Soto's breakthrough season offensively. So... the importance of having a decent offensive producer to replace Rendon is legit.

For record... I love you guys, but if Nationals could not land Donaldson... it's a bit of a win that the Braves didn't either. I really believed he wanted to stay in Atlanta. Do you think that was at least a little true or hot air?

A guy on radio put it well today... if you're a player who doesn't mind deferred money, the Nats will find a way to sign you. If you don't like deferred money... enjoy your time with [fill in blank] team.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Based on the label as the Nationals "top prospect" that Kieboom carries in an already thin farm system, I say no. At this point, I'd prefer they take their chances & throw Kieboom in the fire at 3B. Maybe platoon with Cabrera until comfortable... or figure out a way to make him comfortable. It is risky... he already struggled last year in those 10 or so games he was up with the big club. But he must be close. His numbers at AAA we really solid. See what you have (owning the fact he's young & out of position)... then look to make a trade in season if the situation dictates.

The Nationals are in a tricky spot. The window is closing with such an old roster & not much in pipeline (if you believe reports) . The impact of losing Rendon could be substantial. Hard to quantify how much his presence in lineup helped Soto's breakthrough season offensively. So... the importance of having a decent offensive producer to replace Rendon is legit.

For record... I love you guys, but if Nationals could not land Donaldson... it's a bit of a win that the Braves didn't either. I really believed he wanted to stay in Atlanta. Do you think that was at least a little true or hot air?

A guy on radio put it well today... if you're a player who doesn't mind deferred money, the Nats will find a way to sign you. If you don't like deferred money... enjoy your time with [fill in blank] team.
I think Josh Donaldson was blowing smoke if you know what i mean:rolleyes: