2020 Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I agree with @YellowJacketFan2018 about the blowing smoke with that volcano of Rain, who is now dead to me. Sorry if that sounded harsh. Fred, he was injured during parts of 2017 and 2018. Atlanta treated him well. Had a Bobblehead night for him. Matched the Twins AAV, vesting option on 4th year(that’s what I’m told). He could have been a DH(it’s coming)when he needed a day for his knees, with either of our clubs.We didn’t boo his slow start in 2019.
So no, tie didn’t go to the home team. Look at all the clubs he’s played for? Players are mercenaries and clubs are not much better. It truly is a business.

Deferred money shouldn’t matter when you get past 10 m.Look when you make 10k a year, as a retiree, you can’t afford to be paid down the road.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
I agree with @YellowJacketFan2018 about the blowing smoke with that volcano of Rain, who is now dead to me. Sorry if that sounded harsh. Fred, he was injured during parts of 2017 and 2018. Atlanta treated him well. Had a Bobblehead night for him. Matched the Twins AAV, vesting option on 4th year(that’s what I’m told). He could have been a DH(it’s coming)when he needed a day for his knees, with either of our clubs.We didn’t boo his slow start in 2019.
So no, tie didn’t go to the home team. Look at all the clubs he’s played for? Players are mercenaries and clubs are not much better. It truly is a business.

Deferred money shouldn’t matter when you get past 10 m.Look when you make 10k a year, as a retiree, you can’t afford to be paid down the road.
I'm really disappointed and i'm prepared for a disappointing season from the Braves :grumpy:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Braves do like Marcell Ozuna,” MLB Network insider Jon Heyman reported in a tweet. “It’s believed they at least touched base with Castellanos too, but Ozuna seems more likely. They need middle of order bat to replace Donaldson. Might be easier to go the free agent outfielder route than fashion blockbuster.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Braves do like Marcell Ozuna,” MLB Network insider Jon Heyman reported in a tweet. “It’s believed they at least touched base with Castellanos too, but Ozuna seems more likely. They need middle of order bat to replace Donaldson. Might be easier to go the free agent outfielder route than fashion blockbuster.
Marcell Ozuna would be a nice pick up for the Braves

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I'm really disappointed and i'm prepared for a disappointing season from the Braves :grumpy:

I totally agree with what Buzz said about Donaldson and I'm in-between being pissed and depressed and like Buzz said hoping for a surprise.
It sucks we waited so long for the rebuild of this team and were so close to being legit WS contenders.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
I totally agree with what Buzz said about Donaldson and I'm in-between being pissed and depressed and like Buzz said hoping for a surprise.
It sucks we waited so long for the rebuild of this team and were so close to being legit WS contenders.
I think AA was told by his bosses to spend just enough money for the Braves to have a winning record and that would be enough

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I think AA was told by his bosses to spend just enough money for the Braves to have a winning record and that would be enough

Mike, if that was really the case (my bark is usually bigger than my bite), but I think I would trash all my Braves paraphernalia and find something else to do over the summer !

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Wake me up when your "sources" confirm my made-up Lindor rumors. :angelic:

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Here's a question for the Braves fans out there. Will Brian Snitker be the Manager for the Braves in 2021 if they finish 81-81 or worse? I think there's a good chance that Brian Snitker will retire if the Braves finish with a losing record and it's 50-50 on him returning in the Braves finish around 81-81.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Here's a question for the Braves fans out there. Will Brian Snitker be the Manager for the Braves in 2021 if they finish 81-81 or worse? I think there's a good chance that Brian Snitker will retire if the Braves finish with a losing record and it's 50-50 on him returning in the Braves finish around 81-81.

I agree with this, and no as him as MGR. in 2021 in that scenario ... like I said the Braves fan base has suffered too long and Ownership will see that patience is thin.
Disclosure ... I may be a little biased as I am not a huge Brian Snitker fan.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
I agree with this, and no as him as MGR. in 2021 in that scenario ... like I said the Braves fan base has suffered too long and Ownership will see that patience is thin.
Disclosure ... I may be a little biased as I am not a huge Brian Snitker fan.
If Brian Snitker retires of gets fired i wouldn't mind seeing former Astros Manager AJ Hinch managing the Braves in 2021

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
If we finish .500 or worse, they might lynch Snitker(even after his good record the last couple of years)so that management won’t have to pink slip him.

Not that I think this roster today is the one that will open the season, but it could win 90 games by itself. Pitching is strong. Some are saying Hamels isn’t an ace. Not me!

1)Acuna;2)Albies;3)Swanson;4)Freeman;5)Kakes/Duvall;6)Riley/Camargo;7)Catcher;8)Inciarte/Pache;9)Pitcher. It’s better than half of MLB. I dislike Freddie 4th.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
If we finish .500 or worse, they might lynch Snitker(even after his good record the last couple of years)so that management won’t have to pink slip him.

Not that I think this roster today is the one that will open the season, but it could win 90 games by itself. Pitching is strong. Some are saying Hamels isn’t an ace. Not me!

1)Acuna;2)Albies;3)Swanson;4)Freeman;5)Kakes/Duvall;6)Riley/Camargo;7)Catcher;8)Inciarte/Pache;9)Pitcher. It’s better than half of MLB. I dislike Freddie 4th.
I hope bigtime that you're right,Buzzbomb(y)

GTJake

Helluva Engineer

Buzz, not sure I agree with this one, I'll still hope for a surprise ...
The line-up has a solid top four, but I have my doubts after that. IMO, Donaldson alone inserted into this same line-up changes the look alot for me.
Markakis/DuVall = Hot/Cold, does Markakis have one more year in the tank / DuVall was the poster-child for inconsistency last year
Riley/Camargo = Weak Link, don't like either over the long-haul
Catcher = Unsure, hoping for the best ??
Inciarte/Pache = Inciarte can be good, we'll see after last years injury / Pache is still in the prospect stage for me

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Buzz, not sure I agree with this one, I'll still hope for a surprise ...
The line-up has a solid top four, but I have my doubts after that. IMO, Donaldson alone inserted into this same line-up changes the look alot for me.
Markakis/DuVall = Hot/Cold, does Markakis have one more year in the tank / DuVall was the poster-child for inconsistency last year
Riley/Camargo = Weak Link, don't like either over the long-haul
Catcher = Unsure, hoping for the best ??
Inciarte/Pache = Inciarte can be good, we'll see after last years injury / Pache is still in the prospect stage for me
Oh I agree with you Jake. One or two more big bats, would place our starting nine among the elite. I don’t think the G.M. made all of those moves, to quit with another move left. Maybe a few more, if trades come to fruition. I’d love to have Ozuna and Marte in that lineup, with Acuña(Mitch Haniger would be nice). I’m just saying, without them we have a decent nucleus. Pitching and defense looks real good. I can live with our Bullpen now. Webb, Dayton, Smith, should take the pressure off the rest of them. I’m with you, Kakes & Duvall would be on my bench. Love to have a better Catcher than Flow. Doubt that’s happening before the end of July. Wonderful to have Bryant for a couple of stud prospects. Not sure Cubs will do that. Cardinals might get Arenado, if anyone wants to part with the bounty for two years & a no trade clause.

Lindor is not getting dealt. His agent has been reassured of such. In the middle of our lineup, he would be better than Rain Dude(still dead to me, sorry that’s how I feel).

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Buzz, Arenado sounds interesting, what kind of a bounty would we have to give up ?
The grapevine leaking out of Denver had them wanting Pache, Anderson, Davidson and Riley. At first they asked for Wright instead of Davidson. Alex still said “no.”
The Cardinals reportedly have offered 2 of their best 3 prospects plus 2 MLB players off the playoff roster. Rockies didn’t say they wouldn’t, but still shopping around.

If it were me, I’d ask for Charlie Blackmon(Chuck Nazty, he’s called)thrown in, if I’m giving up 4 guys who could be on our roster in September. I might throw in Inciarte for salary purposes or Duvall as a 5th guy. They asked for the moon and stars from LA D.