2020 Atlanta Braves News

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Babe Ruth, H.S., College. Three different “headhunts.” One time I deserved it. After hitting a game winner, I danced around the bases like @kg01 was waiting for me at the plate. Next time I faced him, he drilled me on the jawbone with a heater. Ump threw him out, I declined the stretcher. Did go to the E.R.
Little Leagues(KLand, Corey, NE Athletic)they would throw behind me, because lack of control, not being vicious. I got hit all over my body. When you consistently lead the league in hitting, you get beaned instead of walked.

I feel for Charlie. I see those pitches coming at me in my dreams at night. Can’t tell you how many I dodged. If you play for 20 years, you are going to get drilled. Always remembered what Coach Cook told me(former NY Yankee farm pitcher), “grind your feet in the box, and be a man.” Yes, while your front leg is shaking. Lol.
Buzzbomb,growing up you played with Ty Cobb didn't you?;)

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I’m glad you posted the article. Had not read it, before now. A friend called me this morning asking me if I knew the Braves were out? I said, no. He told me it’s going to be about the money and Alex won’t go any higher. The take it or leave it, upset the other side. I tend to believe The IB Times on this, but what do I know? I can easily see him signing with LA and their offer(which apparently is not final)or the Nationals with their deferred amount tied in to the offer. Don’t count the Dodgers out....$$$$

@kg01 , I’m seesawing back to the Nats. in my original prediction. It was nice pal-ing up with you on the JD train, riding in the caboose car. Good while we lasted.
———————————————————————————————————————————

I stand by my 100% crystal ball record. JD will continue to bring rain to Atlanta.

Book it.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Third basemen still available:
Josh Donaldson (34 years old)
Pablo Sandoval (33)
Sean Rodriguez (35)
Kaleb Cowart (28)
Ryan Flaherty (33)
Matt Duffy (29)
Jung Ho Kang (33)
Martin Prado (36)

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Houston Astros Manager JT Hinch and Astros GM Jeff Luhnow have been suspended for a year for their part in the Astros sign stealing scandal:wideyed:

https://mlb.nbcsports.com/2020/01/13/major-astros-punishment-luhnow-hinch-suspended-for-one-year/
... and then fired within an hour of this announcement.

Alex Cora will get worse. He is in deep doo doo. Combo of legit guilty (very dirty hands) AND chance for the MLB to put a final "we're serious" nail in the coffin.

Over/Under? 2 year suspension?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
From MLB T.R.:
Braves: The two-year extension Snitker inked in 2018 has a team option for 2021, in which he and the Braves will go for their third straight NL East title. Snitker, who took over as interim manager in 2016, endured a couple losing seasons before his recent run of success and has not been able to secure a playoff series win thus far. The overall results have been good, however, so it stands to reason the Braves will exercise Snitker’s option if they have another playoff-caliber season.

Nationals: The extension the Nationals gave GM Mike Rizzo a couple years back reportedly lasts through 2020, while manager Dave Martinez has a club option for ’21. Back when the Nats re-upped Rizzo, they were known as a talented team that couldn’t break through in the fall. That finally happened in 2019, the year the franchise finally took home its first World Series. Thanks in part to that triumph, it would be a stunner to see the Nats allow Rizzo or Martinez to get away anytime soon.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Prospects sound nice, rangs (not rings) sound nicer.

Easier to re-accumulate prospects than it is to acquire rangs.
Brett Butler, Brook Jacoby, The 5 studs sent to Texas(where 3 turned out well), are the counterpoint. Arenado could get hurt this year and get out of his contract after next year....then you’ve lost 4 potential MLB players that could potentially give you 24 years or more of affordable service time. These type of trades seldom work out.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Heard it’s for 25 years. BB&T merged with Sun Trust or Trust Bank.
Last season they were going to name it Trust Park, changed their minds to have a renaming contest.

I suggested BB & T for the name, “Braves Baseball & Trust.”
....the All-American game we trust.

————————————————————————————————————————————

Nationals officially resign Daniel Hudson, this morning.