2020 Atlanta Braves News

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
As I said, IMO the longer the wait the slimmer the chances of resigning Donaldson, I hope the Braves are seriously working on Bryant.
I really would prefer Donaldson, and I don't know anything about Bryant as a clubhouse guy, but he seems to be a good alternative.
I believe a Camargo/Riley platoon would be a weak-link for this team ...
If AA does nothing and stands pat i can't see the Braves doing any better than 85 wins and that means watching the NL Playoffs on television at home. The Braves hitting wont be good enough without Josh Donaldson and with the current outfield.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The “experts” are saying we have to wait on the Bryant hearing to know if he has a year left or two years on the current contract before a trade(depends on the ruling to see if he’s held to the 2021 season or not?). I’m not sure if that’s really a stumbling block for other G.M’s? He’s in the arbitration years now, so other teams know they aren’t getting him at 12.9 m. in A.A.V. indefinitely. Donaldson is getting twice that amount.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
If AA doesn't at least sign Kris Bryant i don't think he'll do anything and he'll just ride the 2020 season with the players they have even though it will probably cost them a 2020 trip to the NL Playoffs:rolleyes:
Won’t you take Marte in the OF, if he doesn’t go the distance on Donaldson?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I want to wish you baseball/Beesball Gents. a special Christmas Day and Holiday Season. Appreciation for sharing your interest and knowledge. May you and yours have a healthy, Happy New Year to look forward to.

Go Braves, Tech, and may the Nats. stop just short of the NL Pennant next season!

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
I want to wish you baseball/Beesball Gents. a special Christmas Day and Holiday Season. Appreciation for sharing your interest and knowledge. May you and yours have a healthy, Happy New Year to look forward to.

Go Braves, Tech, and may the Nats. stop just short of the NL Pennant next season!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,Buzzbomb!

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I have a bad feeling that AA will do nothing about 3rd base or the Outfield:grumpy:
I think you may be right on 3B. Maybe it’s for the best to give Riley another chance where he belongs, if not traded. Camargo can play SS, 2B and 3B of course.

My hopes are for another power bat or super contact guy in RF. With Acuña in CF, the Kakes/Duvy platoon in LF and Pache on the way....Waters behind them all for the future.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Hi Fred; I posted that at the top of this page(28). Mainly for you, because I think they have something with the 4 yr./100 m. Nats. offer on Rain Dude. They are most likely right on Nick C. for the White Sox. Also, if the world ends, they probably have Robles being pulled back for Bryant. You know Rizzo better than us, and Victor ain’t happening!

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Hi Fred; I posted that at the top of this page(28). Mainly for you, because I think they have something with the 4 yr./100 m. Nats. offer on Rain Dude. They are most likely right on Nick C. for the White Sox. Also, if the world ends, they probably have Robles being pulled back for Bryant. You know Rizzo better than us, and Victor ain’t happening!
Lol! I thought I'd seen that before... the holidays... off my game.

I hope Robles is untouchable... I would think so. The youth on this team MUST be protected. Nationals are walking a fine line right now with depth (old guys get hurt).

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
From MLB TR:
As they did last time around, the Braves sprinted out of the gates to address multiple key needs. But the club’s biggest question entering the winter — what to do about the departure of star third baseman Josh Donaldson — remains unanswered. It’s a good roster as-is, but the lineup would look a whole lot better with another big bat in the middle of it. If Donaldson can’t be retained, the Braves could look to the trade market at third base or pursue one of the remaining corner outfielders and re-shuffle their internal deck accordingly. The club seems quite settled otherwise but could still explore opportunistic rotation opportunities.

Fred, looks like Kendrick might play some 1B to spell, Zimmerman. I know you need some IF help. This from MLB TR:
Youngster Carter Kieboom could be cast into a big role, but the organization probably prefers to see him force his way up rather than relying on him out of the gates.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
For a twist, name your 5 top Braves or Nats. prospects(still eligible for MLB rookie status):
1)Christian Pache
2)Ian Anderson
3)Bryse Wilson
4)Drew Waters(Southern League MVP)
5)Kyle Wright
HM)Phil Pfiefer(He will rise through the system, rapidly)