2020 Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I love the rule, however I’ve never pitched(o.k., when we were ahead beyond a mercy rule not enforced). @Southpawmac is the arm to advise us. He’s right(or is it “left”)with the injuries. Predicting blisters, nail cuts gone wrong and strained leg muscles with plenty of back spasms.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
MLB Trade Rumors reports that Rockies will listen to offers for Nolan Arenado. That’s my dream third baseman for the Braves. Probably too much cost and trade capital for the Braves though.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
MLB Trade Rumors reports that Rockies will listen to offers for Nolan Arenado. That’s my dream third baseman for the Braves. Probably too much cost and trade capital for the Braves though.
Players like Arenado are extremely rare. If you can trade for him, you do it. I really don't care if we have to give up half the Farm.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
MLB Trade Rumors reports that Rockies will listen to offers for Nolan Arenado. That’s my dream third baseman for the Braves. Most definitely too much cost and trade capital for the Braves though.
That’s been rumored all week long. It will never happen. He can opt out after 2 years, and 70 m. $ later. The acquiring team would be out of a ton of prospects. You “hit” it in your last sentence. I changed probably, and fixed it for you.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Players like Arenado are extremely rare. If you can trade for him, you do it. I really don't care if we have to give up half the Farm.
They realized they shouldn’t have signed him to that new deal 10 months ago.
Braves balked at Greinke in July, they’ll never do this.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
With moves to come (not even Christmas, yet), I feel like the Braves are slightly better than the Nationals. [already trying to dampen my expectations....maybe]

Rendon is not really replaceable. & seems Donaldson is only chance to avoid a significant downgrade at 3B for Nats. The Nationals will be "old" ...even older than last year, I think. Zimmerman, Kendrick, Suzuki, Scherzer, Strasburg... key dudes ...all older by baseball standards.

They won WS in 2019. THAT was special... to say the least. But they didn't win the division.... were 4 outs from losing WC until the hand of God made Hader a mere mortal for a string of ABs. In other words, I chalk it up to just special timely good things happening to a really good team. But not a team head & shoulders above the field.

...& the BIG thing. Repeating in professional sports is rarely happening.

One prediction, though. The Braves and/or Nationals will go farther in playoffs than both Phillies (Harper) and Angels (Rendon) in each of the next 3 seasons. ...mainly because they've managed to assemble overall better rosters instead of overspending on marquee FAs.

FWIW... It appears the Nationals were not willing to offer Rendon no deferred money.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Rendon will be getting 24,ooo $ per inning(based on his average p.t. in the past).
Gerrit Cole, ...10,000 $ per pitch. More than a rookie A ball player makes per season.

kg01 has a kissing booth. He pays .05 cents for each peck you give him.

Last edited:

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Josh Donaldson will find it hard to latch on to a team with how much money he wants:rolleyes:

This may be good for the Braves. Basically letting other teams set his market to the point where we can get him for (relatively) cheap.

Somebody educate me on this Arrenado cat. Would we ... should we .. could weeeeee trade for him?

Sorry, had to break off into song on that one.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The pundits are saying that Colorado made a mistake as large as Texas. Arenado has a contract only a huge market club would assume, although the Rangers had to throw in a pile of cash to go with ARod. Rockies hitters always have their stats. inflated in that mountain air for the home games. Nolan has good road numbers-he's like Blackmon, the exceptions. However, 23 less hits, 22 fewer RBI, 1 less HR, 9 fewer 2B, 16 less RS, 2 fewer 3B, more K’s, same amount of Walks. Played in 77 games at home and 78 on the road. Trust Park he hit .286, 4 for 14. Still, he’s a fine player. Defense, 9 errors in 457 chances. He can opt out after 2021, with 70 million in the bank for the next 2 seasons. If not it’s a quarter of a billion plus 10 million total in an 8 year contract. Also, they will want 3 or 4 MLB players from Atlanta. Possibly 1 or 2, but then 2- 3 top prospects.

I have a feeling you won’t mind Riley thrown in? Everyone calls(per sources)about Soroka, Fried, Acuna or Albies. Would you part with any of them?

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
The pundits are saying that Colorado made a mistake as large as Texas. Arenado has a contract only a huge market club would assume, although the Rangers had to throw in a pile of cash to go with ARod. Rockies hitters always have their stats. inflated in that mountain air for the home games. Nolan has good road numbers-he's like Blackmon, the exceptions. However, 23 less hits, 22 fewer RBI, 1 less HR, 9 fewer 2B, 16 less RS, 2 fewer 3B, more K’s, same amount of Walks. Played in 77 games at home and 78 on the road. Trust Park he hit .286, 4 for 14. Still, he’s a fine player. Defense, 9 errors in 457 chances. He can opt out after 2021, with 70 million in the bank for the next 2 seasons. If not it’s a quarter of a billion plus 10 million total in an 8 year contract. Also, they will want 3 or 4 MLB players from Atlanta. Possibly 1 or 2, but then 2- 3 top prospects.

I have a feeling you won’t mind Riley thrown in? Everyone calls(per sources)about Soroka, Fried, Acuna or Albies. Would you part with any of them?
I would give them Austin Riley and Mike Folynewicz;)