2020 Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I don't want the Braves to give away the farm system to get Kris Bryant or Madison Bumgarner:rolleyes:
Bum. is a FA, will only cost a sandwich round pick.
Bryant stands to make 18.5 in arbitration. Over 20m. in 2021 if he LOSES his grievance. I’m not thinking the Braves will pay those salaries and give up Fried, Pache and Anderson. The Cubs are cutting payroll, except not with us.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I don’t see Jerry Blevins helping you, Fred.
Braves have Smith, Dayton, potentially Newk. if not starting.
We could deal you AJ Minter for Juan Soto? Only kidding, buddy:unsure:!

Edited to say: Read the post on Boras-s. His cheese has slipped off his cracker.
I listened to him a few hours ago on Baseball Tonight, trying to explain what a mystery bidder is, if there is such a thing. He claims they outbid the highest bid. Yeah, right?? Sure thing.

Last edited:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The Braves have brought back outfielder Rafael Ortega on a minor-league contract, tweetsBaseball America’s Gabe Burns.

Braves might offer Marcell Ozuna the 3 yrs.-45m. Jon Morosi suggests it might take to sign him. He’s apparently the fallback option to Josh Donaldson. The need of a big bat in the middle of the order.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Cot-dayum that's a yuge deal. Bigly.

Can we swim in them waters? Will we? For who(m)?

These are the questions, @Buzzbomb The questions! Answer the questions!

Anyways, Rendon-to-Atl is still on the table (technically) so the full-on mouth kiss could still happen for you dudes.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Would love to have Rendon, @kg01
Missing out on Cole, even the Angels are supposedly turning their attention to him. The Braves have never had a 30m. man-king. Or a payroll approaching 1/5 of a billion. Anthony WRen. and Madison Bum. would take us up there. Dodgers are sniffing around the Bum.(that didn’t smell right o_O:rolleyes: fellas). I’m trying to come back down to reality with Camargo and Riley, as it pains me and you too. Maybe the skinflint Atlantans are done and we can stick the proverbial fork in them. Although, flashes of the old bullpen on the cheap keep carpetbagging my dreams.

As for the kiss full-on, like the Hall & Oates song...”Your Kiss is on My List,” we will need to bring @Milwaukee for his sister to celebrate the sugar being doled out.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Bumgarner & Co. want 5 years and 100m. +(Twins are now in play with him).
Reds in on Ozuna.

Scorecard for Atlanta Draft picks: -1 due on Will Smith signing.
May gain it back, if Donaldson goes off into the cold, hard rain.
Rendon, Ozuna, Bumgarner, all have draft picks attached .
https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/cubs/why-cubs-didnt-tender-cole-hamels-qualifying-offer(No Draft pick attached. If he had gained a QO, he probably would have rejected it with the automatic 17.8 m.).