2020 Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
kg01 good dude-I’ll allow you to trade Riley as long as you get a ML ready player at a position of need. He has upside. Truth be known, he could pitch if we need mop up duty, play 3B, the corner OF spots, probably put the big 1B glove on and in a pinch, play 2B or even SS(although I hesitate with up the middle positions, since lateral flexibility is paramount & he's heavier in body type like a Troy Glaus).

THWG, you are spot on friend, through your analysis with Cole Hamels. Didn’t you like Kris Bryant? He might be next in a Cubbie deal.

Gents., I’m wondering if we have enough for Rain Guy, now? It’s not my money, because I’d give him 50 m. for 2 years. Then he’ll be approaching 37 y.o. Surely he’s looking for career ending years, as in a 4 year/9 digit salary. Who’s buying us the abacus for Christmas?

Glad we are spending, as long as it’s not going to lead to a strip search in 2021, when we can really dominate. This is the time to trade Inciarte and upgrade RF. What you think? I’m afraid those gold gloves are in the past, injuries could knock him out of the game. I always use him as my bait, since expiration ran out on Tehran. Let another team in need of a CF, take a chance with his 16.5 m. remaining on his contract.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
kg01 good dude-I’ll allow you to trade Riley as long as you get a ML ready player at a position of need. He has upside. Truth be known, he could pitch if we need mop up duty, play 3B, the corner OF spots, probably put the big 1B glove on and in a pinch, play 2B or even SS(although I hesitate with up the middle positions, since lateral flexibility is paramount & he's heavier in body type like a Troy Glaus).

THWG, you are spot on friend, through your analysis with Cole Hamels. Didn’t you like Kris Bryant? He might be next in a Cubbie deal.

Gents., I’m wondering if we have enough for Rain Guy, now? It’s not my money, because I’d give him 50 m. for 2 years. Then he’ll be approaching 37 y.o. Surely he’s looking for career ending years, as in a 4 year/9 digit salary. Who’s buying us the abacus for Christmas?

Glad we are spending, as long as it’s not going to lead to a strip search in 2021, when we can really dominate. This is the time to trade Inciarte and upgrade RF. What you think? I’m afraid those gold gloves are in the past, injuries could knock him out of the game. I always use him as my bait, since expiration ran out on Tehran. Let another team in need of a CF, take a chance with his 16.5 m. remaining on his contract.
I saw a tweet that said the Braves payroll is already 130 million and will probably exceed 150 million. I think the Braves will resign Josh Donaldson for at least 2 years.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I saw a tweet that said the Braves payroll is already 130 million and will probably exceed 150 million. I think the Braves will resign Josh Donaldson for at least 2 years.
I think Nationals 3rd baseman in 2020 will be Rendon or Donaldson (more likely the latter). All I have to go on... is reports Nationals are "heavily" pursuing Donaldson already.

I sense some urgency in the 3B market.... supply is not meeting demand.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
I think Nationals 3rd baseman in 2020 will be Rendon or Donaldson (more likely the latter). All I have to go on... is reports Nationals are "heavily" pursuing Donaldson already.

I sense some urgency in the 3B market.... supply is not meeting demand.
If the Braves don't sign Josh Donaldson and don't get a top shelf 3rd baseman i don't see them making the Playoffs in 2020. The 2020 Braves with Austin Riley at 3rd base wins 82-84 games and misses the Playoffs which would possibly cost Brian Snitker his job as Braves Manager.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
No inside info., but I can see Done-nil-son going to Washington and Ren-done to LA Dodgers. Just having fun with their names. They are good at 3B.

Hoping Camargo can be our super-sub, with rosters at 26. Since the Moose got 4 years, I’m afraid we are relegated to trading. Musical chairs and Alex isn’t going to be quick enough to get the open chair.

Wheeler got 5 years @ 25 m. per. Wait until that fastball decreases in speed, the Pills will be trying to shop him to the Yankees before he reaches his middle 30’s.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Same as you, @Buzzbomb ...I have nothing but a hunch here. Sorta based on just my feels watching/listening to both Rendon & Strasburg over the years & reading into what the local beat reporters say. Unlike Harper (just as a comparison), I just do not think either guy cares as much about money as they do situation & location. Harper's FA negotiations (same agent as both Stras & Rendon) seemed to be all about making the biggest splash with a record breaking contract.

My feeling is these 2 guys have told Boras exactly where they want to play (& not play). I think Rendon has Rangers (home state) & Nationals has his STRONG desire. Strasburg may have narrowed it to Nationals only. It is Boras's job to "represent" his player(s). He can't negotiate/advocate for them from that position....it is a weak position. I think many of these teams (ie Yankees & Dodgers) are simply being contacted to see what the market is...& will serve to max out terms with the Rangers (Rendon) & Nationals (Strasburg).

...again, nothing but a feeling. I do think....both of these guys will not "enjoy" working/playing in huge markets.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Fred, you nailed it. Especially with Strasburg. I think the Yankees are being used to up the ante. Dodgers were last week. Matter of fact, I thought Texas for Rendon-although a friend of mine said the Dodgers were trying to get the pair together and it really appealed to Anthony. So much so, that L.A. has prioritized him to give his family members unlimited airplane trips and housing. We shall see. I think you are leading for Josh D. Nats. are willing to go long term. It’s a draft pick, however you get it back if Rendon leaves.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
White Sox heavily involved with Madison Bumgarner. He’s close to going somewhere. Over the rainbow....into pot of gold land!

GT_EE78

Banned
All I want for the Winter Meetings and under the Christmas tree are my two front needs.....3B and RF!
I'm still hoping to sign Josh, but if ythey go with Riley at 3b, that RF may have to be the cleanup hitter.
hope AA don't run out of money,now is the time to spend

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Buzz, with the signing of Hamels does that mean that Keuchel is gone ?? ... we REALLY need to resign Donaldson and I predict it's going to happen because (yeah for us), I think the Braves are serious about a 2020 WS run !!
Fred, let's make a deal ... the Nationals keep Rendon and the Braves get Donaldson resigned !
I hope they do resign Josh Donaldson,Jake! If the Braves resign him they go to the 2019 NL Playoffs and if they don't they'll be watching the NL Playoffs on television.