2020 Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The Phillies are pushing for Madison Bumgarner.
My hope is enough budget left for SP, 3B.
Would be nice for an OF, but need to deal Inciarte & Greene to open up cap space.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I’m wondering if not trading for Realmuto, didn’t cost us the WS this year? No offense Fred, because the Nats. were destiny’s darlings. One player might not have made a difference. McCann was struggling and they didn’t want to use Flowers. Watching the Braves fearing Molina and his arm, made me think of J.T. We now have a number 1 pick trying to hit AA pitching and Contreras struggling with it, too. A guy with 3 names who has little chance to see MLB, with his 1.2m. salary in 2019, and Alex Jackson who has come a long way. They went with Cervelli off waivers over the latter.

Would you guys have given up a top farm pitcher and Allard plus an A-Ball prospect for Realmuto? I would have. If the Braves are going for it, this guy would have filled the 2020 bill. Think they could have extended him by now for 2021, 2022 with 40 m. He will make less than Grandal in 2020. We just paid out 20 m. for 1 1/2 catchers through 2021(Flowers signed for 2020 only, but there is talk of him retiring here).

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
The Phillies are pushing for Madison Bumgarner.
My hope is enough budget left for SP, 3B.
Would be nice for an OF, but need to deal Inciarte & Greene to open up cap space.

Do you hate me, BuzzB? Oh no, I got it. You keep saying Inciarte when you mean Riley. I'm with you now, brother.

Seriously though, I think trade is the best way to fill the gaps on the team at this point.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I love you brother. As much as a straight man can bro. hug another!
I’d trade Riley, the problem is Alex in his interviews has stated they value him.
Maybe they will deal him, if the right deal is present. I do think Austin looks more durable than Ender. I could be looking at it from “behind.” Get it, Ender and behind and I’m still straight?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I love you brother. As much as a straight man can bro. hug another!
I’d trade Riley, the problem is Alex in his interviews has stated they value him.
Maybe they will deal him, if the right deal is present. I do think Austin looks more durable than Ender. I could be looking at it from “behind.” Get it, Ender and behind and I’m still straight?

Yeah, I hear you. I just still think his value is at an all time high and I have knee-jerk (or maybe just jerk) doubts he'll ever be what folks were touting him as being.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I’ve stated this before...at the worst he will be Troy Glaus. Best case scenario, close to Mike Trout. His swing is sweet and full, robust. They screwed up trying to shorten it. He was playing hurt, out of position. He was a pitcher before they drafted him and made him a 3B. I know, excuses. But he is still young and has a great attitude. I’m going to be shocked if when he hits MLB off-speed pitching while working counts, if he’s at least not serviceable. Strong arm, power, good fielder.

We can disagree and I respect your opinion. I see Inciarte on a downfall. Might be out of the game in the next 3 years. Vulnerable to hamstring injuries. Defense was down this year. I’ll bet you a cardboard cookie, he won’t play 150 games in 2020 or ever again. Hope I’m wrong.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Robbie Ray, projected to receive 10.8 m. in arbitration from the Snakes. Braves are one of a half-dozen clubs interested in the LHSP. Perfect for our #4 slot.
Back in July, the day before the 2019 Trade Deadline, Chase wrote up a piece relaying that the Braves were interested in Ray, along with five other teams. In his article, he mentioned quite an interesting aspect of Ray’s game: he knows how to pitch against the Los Angeles Dodgers. At that time during the 2019 season, Ray was 9-7 with a 3.91 ERA — as Chase wrote… not too sexy. But, in 18 career starts versus the Dodgers, Ray held a 2.93 ERA, an impressive achievement, nonetheless, especially considering the Dodgers have ruled over the National League for quite some time now.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Thanks, Fred! Happy Thanksgiving to you, and all of our Swarmers. We have such a great group of Baseball gents. on this site.

The Nats. catching is superior to the Braves. IMHO. Glad the boys are back. Atlanta doesn’t seem to have the funds for Stephen Strasburg or Anthony Rendon, therefore I’d like Washington to resign them. I know my Braves brethren want them out of the league or division for that matter, if we can’t have either or both of those studs. I want competition and if the locals can’t win the W.S., I want your D.C. marvels to repeat.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Thanks, Fred! Happy Thanksgiving to you, and all of our Swarmers. We have such a great group of Baseball gents. on this site.

The Nats. catching is superior to the Braves. IMHO. Glad the boys are back. Atlanta doesn’t seem to have the funds for Stephen Strasburg or Anthony Rendon, therefore I’d like Washington to resign them. I know my Braves brethren want them out of the league or division for that matter, if we can’t have either or both of those studs. I want competition and if the locals can’t win the W.S., I want your D.C. marvels to repeat.
Hopefully the Braves will be good enough to grab one of the Wildcard spots;)

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Hopefully the Braves will be good enough to grab one of the Wildcard spots;)
I know this is turkey time, but if we can’t entertain Rain Bringer for 25m.(some pundits have predicted Texas, Washington or Philly), I’d like to find Moose, Hammels and Haniger under my Christmas tree.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
So if it’s true that the Braves have 25 m. left to spend, barring any sudden trades before the Winter Meetings commence on Dec. 8...Do you want Donaldson for that with no FA starter or Moose and Hammels(or another starter in that 10-15 m. range)??

Atlanta could stay in-house at 3B and splurge for any SP?

It’s your call, you are the volunteer G.M. for the day with the final decision?

THWG

Helluva Engineer
So if it’s true that the Braves have 25 m. left to spend, barring any sudden trades before the Winter Meetings commence on Dec. 8...Do you want Donaldson for that with no FA starter or Moose and Hammels(or another starter in that 10-15 m. range)??

I would say get Moose and Hamels. If we were to do that though, I think that we would also need to trade for an OF. Somebody like Mitch Haniger or Trey Mancini. We need a RH power bat in the middle of the order behind Freddie.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer

I would take Josh Donaldson over both Moose and Cole Hamels

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I would say get Moose and Hamels. If we were to do that though, I think that we would also need to trade for an OF. Somebody like Mitch Haniger or Trey Mancini. We need a RH power bat in the middle of the order behind Freddie.
Totally agree on filling three needs, especially with Haniger(even if we trade Inciarte and two prospects who are at AA or below). The Moose can hit 4th and Mitch 5th. We don’t seem to have a LHSP coming up, unless you include Newk.
Hammels or Bumgarner would make up for not signing Keuchel. Feel better about the relievers with Smith, Dayton, Webb coming back. If O’Day can stay healthy, it would be a nice veteran that can throw sidearmed for a unique look.