2020 Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I hope Shane Greene is not tendered, along with JR Murphy.
Don’t trust him. We have enough relievers with healthy pitchers Dayton and Webb. Will Smith was the best available as a FA. He’s worth more than the three p.u. in July.

Greene will get around 7m. in arbitration. His salary with trading Ender, could open up enough for a stud OF or SP.

Edited to say: I’d like to non-tender FNSM, if only for my mental health.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Arbitration-Eligible Players (salary projections via MLBTR contributor Matt Swartz)
Free Agents

GTJake

Helluva Engineer

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Looks like Zimmerman will do the unheard of... complete his career with one team...the Nats (one way or the other). I like Zimmerman a lot. Longest tenured DC pro athlete (across all 4 major sports). He's been here only a little longer than Ovechkin... another dude I really hope finds a way to stay here his entire career.

...and this is a funny (true) tweet.

Last edited:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket

Moose got 16 m. per season(there might be more with bonus incentives)w/ the Reds, who have decided they want to win now.

With Rendon, Rain Bringer, left as top FA’s-some teams are going to need to trade for one. Demand is higher than supply. Right now Camargo is the Atlanta starter, according to the media pundits. With teams like the LA Dodgers, Phillies, Rangers, Nationals, all looking to upgrade their hot corner.....stay tuned!

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer

Moose got 16 m. per season(there might be more with bonus incentives)w/ the Reds, who have decided they want to win now.

With Rendon, Rain Bringer, left as top FA’s-some teams are going to need to trade for one. Demand is higher than supply. Right now Camargo is the Atlanta starter, according to the media pundits. With teams like the LA Dodgers, Phillies, Rangers, Nationals, all looking to upgrade their hot corner.....stay tuned!

I think the Braves will pony up the cash to resign Josh Donaldson for 2-3 seasons

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Reports are before the midnight deadline, the Braves have non-tendered 3 players, making them immediate FA’s:
Charlie Culberson, Rafael Ortega and John Ryan Murphy.

Buzz, it looks like the Braves chose to keep Adam Duvall as a utility guy over Charlie Culberson ... I would have went the other way around.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Yes, Jake, it looks like Charlie’s eye injury and age didn’t square up with their plans.

Man alive guys, have you heard about Zach Wheeler? We can count him out for the Braves.
White Sox offering 5 years and over 100m., and that’s apparently not enough. Teams bidding in the nine digits. I need an abacus.