2019 NCAA Baseball Tournament (Overall)

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Seems like UNC has figured something out at the right time. They have pitching depth... in their last 4 games starting with ACCCG, they are giving up less than 4 runs per game. I expect them to have a pretty easy time with Auburn at home.
UNC, Duke, and FSU are all hot at the right time. I know that we could have beat UNC in Atlanta, but they are playing top notch baseball.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
How did duke
How in the World did Duke beat Vandy 18 to 5? Duke to the CWS and we just won a series from them at their field.
how did Duke lay 18 freakin' runs on candy, presumably against thier # 1.

Also, watching the end of UCLA/Michigan last night, UM lead 3-0 going into ninth. UCLA scored 2 and had first & third w/ 1 out. The UM closer got a pop out to short and a K. I caught myself in thought that epitomizes my physchie about GT baseball. I didn't think about UCLA failing to get the tying run in or the fact that UM "almost" gave up the lead. Instead I found myself wondering why it was "always us" that gives up 2 strike walk offs? Totally illogical as I know it happens to others, but I mean it happened twice this year, and came within a gnats hair of happening a third time @ VT. I just have a fragile physchie after watching tech athletics for 50+ years. I am not as bad as at one time in my life, but still at this point in life you would think I could be beyond that. Reading this board I get the feeling many have the same "issues" with the "why can't we have nice things" and "Lucy & Charlie Brown" posts.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
So who are you all pulling for the rest of the way (if anyone)?
My order:
FSU - would like to see Martin go out on top

UNCheat/Louisville - just ACC pride plus UNC can knock out the team that knocked us out (bonus because $EC)
Dook - would be lower if they weren't playing Vandy
UCLA - no real reason, just because we played them mostly
I would like to see Martin go out winning it all. Otherwise, the lowest seeded team still in it. I love under dogs, especially in baseball.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

GTJon

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m with you on the not being over it. I just keep thinking What if Curry and Hurter hadn’t gotten hurt? In that scenario, we’re not as stretched thin in the bullpen and English comes in to pitch the 9th against Auburn and cleans up. Then no way Auburn’s 4th pitcher beats Hurter on Sunday and even if they do we’ve still got Willingham on Monday.

A SR win against UNC should be no problem and then a CWS, possibly without UCLA and Vandy. Arghhhhhhh

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
...and FSU continues hot as well, beasting LSU 6-4 in Game One of their series after falling behind 4-0 and being no-hit for 5 (or was it 6) innings.

Just goes to show how often the "better" team gets beat in college baseball. UCLA, Vandy, UNC, and LSU were all strong favorites, and all got beat in Game Ones. That's half the Super Regionals, folks.