2019 NCAA Baseball Tournament (Overall)

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
A few interesting stats & facts so far in the NCAA Baseball Tournament:

• all four of the Last Four Teams In won their opening round games (Duke, Florida State, Michigan, and TCU)
  • SEC opened with a 7-3 record. Losses included Liberty over Tennessee (I told ya Liberty was a solid team!), Dallas Baptist over Florida, and Duke over Texas A&M (the only ACC-SEC game thus far)
  • Central Michigan upset Miami 6-5 in a great game...it was their 19th win in a row. (I don't care what league you play in, 19 wins in a row is impressive). The Chippewas were #73 in RPI entering the game, but they did own a 4-0 record over Notre Dame (on the road) Pitt (neutral site), and Michigan State (H & A). They really did not play anyone else of note, so I am sure it's hard to get a handle on how good they are, but they looked solid in the little bit of their game vs Miami that I saw. (as an aside, their last loss was a very ugly 26-19 defeat at home against mighty Davenport College....that must have really hurt their RPI)
  • The ACC is 6-1 but in danger of dropping to 6-2 after the resumption of the N C State game (Campbell? REALLY?)
  • Pac 12 has gone a surprisingly poor 2-3, same as the Big Ten (they can't count up north). Oregon State's late loss to Cincinnati as a host is the biggest surprise by far. Stanford opened strong, as did UCLA (duh). But Arizona State got drilled by Southern Miss, and Cal wasn't competitive with TCU (the primary controversial at-large selection by the committee...I'll bet the committee folks are feeling good this morning!)
  • Big XII is a solid 4-1 so far. No major surprises really....

GT Bravo

Jolly Good Fellow
A few interesting stats & facts so far in the NCAA Baseball Tournament:

• all four of the Last Four Teams In won their opening round games (Duke, Florida State, Michigan, and TCU)
  • SEC opened with a 7-3 record. Losses included Liberty over Tennessee (I told ya Liberty was a solid team!), Dallas Baptist over Florida, and Duke over Texas A&M (the only ACC-SEC game thus far)
  • Central Michigan upset Miami 6-5 in a great game...it was their 19th win in a row. (I don't care what league you play in, 19 wins in a row is impressive). The Chippewas were #73 in RPI entering the game, but they did own a 4-0 record over Notre Dame (on the road) Pitt (neutral site), and Michigan State (H & A). They really did not play anyone else of note, so I am sure it's hard to get a handle on how good they are, but they looked solid in the little bit of their game vs Miami that I saw. (as an aside, their last loss was a very ugly 26-19 defeat at home against mighty Davenport College....that must have really hurt their RPI)
  • The ACC is 6-1 but in danger of dropping to 6-2 after the resumption of the N C State game (Campbell? REALLY?)
  • Pac 12 has gone a surprisingly poor 2-3, same as the Big Ten (they can't count up north). Oregon State's late loss to Cincinnati as a host is the biggest surprise by far. Stanford opened strong, as did UCLA (duh). But Arizona State got drilled by Southern Miss, and Cal wasn't competitive with TCU (the primary controversial at-large selection by the committee...I'll bet the committee folks are feeling good this morning!)
  • Big XII is a solid 4-1 so far. No major surprises really....
Great info

Deleted member 2897

With some of the coaching hires in other sports that Liberty has made, I’ll be rooting for UNC in this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good point. A Christian University hiring High Freeze and the Baylor guy from back during that scandal. Ridiculous. I mean who do you root for? Maybe for it to go 27 innings and all their pitchers arms fall off and they forfeit.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Does anyone know if it is possible to multicast tournament games?

ESPN Bases Loaded shows up to 4 games at once. But they only show the interesting parts of games; so I don't know how to watch all of our game and other games without two Sling subscriptions (the hard part) and two devices (the easy part).

What I do is get StatBroadcast going on several games and tile the different games on a monitor. Not video, but there is usually enough lead that you can go to the game to see a great play.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
ESPN Bases Loaded shows up to 4 games at once. But they only show the interesting parts of games; so I don't know how to watch all of our game and other games without two Sling subscriptions (the hard part) and two devices (the easy part).

What I do is get StatBroadcast going on several games and tile the different games on a monitor. Not video, but there is usually enough lead that you can go to the game to see a great play.
Thanks, I'll check that out. With espn.com/watch i just opened 4 windows and picked the games I wanted to watch. I was hoping for something easier, but luckily it worked.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
UCLA and Baylor in a battle right now. UCLA leads 6-5 in the 5th.

Florida getting pummeled by Dallas Baptist.

I'll be a giant Seminole fan here pretty soon.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2897

Clemson losing, Florida losing. Baseball is a strange game sometimes.