2019 NCAA Baseball Tournament - Nat'l Seed Watch

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
All hosts https://d1baseball.com/postseason/2019-ncaa-regional-host-sites-announced/

Waiting on Super Regional.

Regionals are all played Fri-Sun (Mon, if necessary), right?

I've seen posts suggesting things start Thurs.

Been so long I've forgotten.

(Sorry, I've been waiting all day to use that line.) First day is 1v4 and 2v3, second day is losers in a game and I thought winners in a game, third day is winner of loser and loser of winner. Third day is also winner bracket. (you get the idea). Need to go to day 4 if weather delay....... basic double elimination.

slugboy

Staff member
Glad to see the regional hosting. My own personal ignorance here, but with so many strong seeds in the southeast, I hope the ladder is set up nicely for us and that we don't have a brutal super-regional.

GT Bravo

Jolly Good Fellow
Glad to see the regional hosting. My own personal ignorance here, but with so many strong seeds in the southeast, I hope the ladder is set up nicely for us and that we don't have a brutal super-regional.
Latest I saw had East Carolina opposite us.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Not sure if this answers your question; but....
Tomorrow's full field announcement will "set" the future. Top 16 seeds will host... those just announced. Assuming Tech wins its regional, who it meets in super will be 1 of 4 teams... the winner of the regional "opposite" [my word] the Atlanta regional. Example... if Tech is #7 seed, we'll matchup with winner of regional hosted by the #10 seed.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
If my look is correct... Tennessee is highest RPI (#14) not to get a host spot. Ole Miss (#22) is lowest to get one.

Both Miami & NC State are above Ole Miss. Just noting it...frankly, I can't argue with those 16... but Miami & NC State fans probably don't like it.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If my look is correct... Tennessee is highest RPI (#14) not to get a host spot. Ole Miss (#22) is lowest to get one.

Both Miami & NC State are above Ole Miss. Just noting it...frankly, I can't argue with those 16... but Miami & NC State fans probably don't like it.

I forgot the grand reveal was tomorrow, not tonight. Except for those on the hosting bubble.

NC State shouldn't have taken the night off Friday to get mercied by FSU. The baseball Gods, their rpi and NCAA committee probably didn't like that. Everything is so close and there are so many 1 run or extra inning games that could go either way. Emotion comes into play.

As to Miami, no sympathy. I expect they will be favored to win Coastal next year they are so young and talented this year.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
All hosts https://d1baseball.com/postseason/2019-ncaa-regional-host-sites-announced/

Waiting on Super Regional.

Been so long I've forgotten.

(Sorry, I've been waiting all day to use that line.) First day is 1v4 and 2v3, second day is losers in a game and I thought winners in a game, third day is winner of loser and loser of winner. Third day is also winner bracket. (you get the idea). Need to go to day 4 if weather delay....... basic double elimination.

I'm pretty sure if the team up for elimination keeps winning, you can get a day 4 without a weather delay.

After 2 days, one team is eliminated, one team is 2-0, and two teams are 1-1. Day 3 has the 1-1's play each other, eliminating another. The 2-1 team then has to beat the 2-0 team twice, or the 2-0 team wins one. That's potentially 5 games for the winning team. Even if they're playing a double-header, that's four days.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'm pretty sure if the team up for elimination keeps winning, you can get a day 4 without a weather delay.

After 2 days, one team is eliminated, one team is 2-0, and two teams are 1-1. Day 3 has the 1-1's play each other, eliminating another. The 2-1 team then has to beat the 2-0 team twice, or the 2-0 team wins one. That's potentially 5 games for the winning team. Even if they're playing a double-header, that's four days.
I think you got it. The normal schedule (no weather delays) has the 2-1 team playing a 2nd game on Sunday (facing elimination) v the 2-0 team.