2019 ACC Baseball

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Only three ACC series this week. Maybe I can get all three right ..... two are gimmes .... so I'll probably get two wrong.

#7 L'Ville (8 rpi) @ ND (97 rpi). L'Ville 2-1. Hard to sweep ND, like it hasn't been done yet this year.
Pitt (219) @ #23 FSU (52). FSU 2-1 or better. Kick in the nuts for FSU ..... they lose 8 rpi points with a win and 76 with a loss. A single loss will doom them from the NCAAs .... only option would then be to win the tourney.
BC (63) @ VT (46). VT 2-1 Weird Fri-Mon series. Closest series in theory.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
A series loss might doom FSU but just dropping 1 game probably won’t. They’d slip to the low 60s and still have a great chance to boost the resume/RPI with a season ending series @UL. A win in that series probably offsets a loss against Pitt.

That’s a good benchmark for us though. If FSU stand to lose that much imagine what our metrics for that Pitt series are gonna look like.

Deleted member 2897

Yup, FSU lost 10-0 AT HOME to Pitt. Didn’t just lose, didn’t just barely lose, didn’t lose on the road... LOL

Deleted member 2897

Some teams find a way to win. We had trouble winning close games last year. VT started off really well this year too.

And think about game 3 up there. They were down by 1 run in the bottom of the 9th, with the bases loaded, and 0 outs. And they didn’t score.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Looks like a UNC ace, Lucas Dalatri, is out for the season. Anyone know when he was injured? He had a 2.25 ERA with 32.0 IP over 6 games. That averages 5.1 innings (5 innings and 1 out for y'all who want to give me *****) per game so he was a starter. This will hurt their stretch run over the next two weeks and the ACC Tourney (like losing Archer and Hurter did to us).

From D1:
"TG: With Dalatri out for the year do the Tar Heels have enough pitching to get back to Omaha?

Aaron Fitt: They could, if Baum and Bergner pitch up to their talent level when it matters most. Those guys have big-time stuff, as we all know, but consistency has been an issue throughout their careers, so it’s all about peaking at the right time. Between Lancellotti, Love and O’Brien, I still like the bullpen core, and I think they can piece it together with Grogan, Dotson, Ollio and Sandy in a potential third or fourth regional game. That said — I don’t think UNC is an Omaha favorite right now. But they’re certainly capable of getting back there, and their postseason experience will be an asset.
"

Deleted member 2897

Another reason to "seek" a #2 or #3 seed in ACCT. Put off beating them until ACC Championship game.

I’d like a 2 seed, and then I’d like some random team with talent to get hot one day and help knock them off...like FSU or something.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Only three ACC series this week. Maybe I can get all three right ..... two are gimmes .... so I'll probably get two wrong.

#7 L'Ville (8 rpi) @ ND (97 rpi). L'Ville 2-1. Hard to sweep ND, like it hasn't been done yet this year.
Pitt (219) @ #23 FSU (52). FSU 2-1 or better. Kick in the nuts for FSU ..... they lose 8 rpi points with a win and 76 with a loss. A single loss will doom them from the NCAAs .... only option would then be to win the tourney.
BC (63) @ VT (46). VT 2-1 Weird Fri-Mon series. Closest series in theory.

Can't get them all, ever. 1 wrong.
#7 L'Ville (8 rpi) @ ND (97 rpi). L'Ville 2-1. L'Ville 3-0. Glad they did it. Hard to sweep ND, like it hasn't been done yet this year.
Pitt (219) @ #23 FSU (52). FSU 2-1 or better. FSU 2-1. D1 thinks they could sneak in at 18-12 ACC even with a high (low 50/upper 40 rpi). Currently 16-11, last 3 games @L'Ville in two weekends. Kick in the nuts for FSU ..... they lose 8 rpi points with a win and 76 with a loss. A single loss will doom them from the NCAAs .... only option would then be to win the tourney.
BC (63) @ VT (46). VT 2-1 BC 2-1. Was close, VT scored total of 18 runs and BC 15. VT found a way to lose the series. Weird Fri-Mon series. Closest series in theory.