2019 ACC Baseball Tourney

Female Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Hi Guys!
I can't keep up with all your analytical threads: RPIs, seeding, who's on first (joke), etc.
I did see CT is pitching tomorrow( according to Duke's game notes).
If we win then who pitches Saturday, and win who pitches Sunday?
I guess what I really mean is if we keep advancing in NCAA tourney then we need more than 3 starters?

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Hi Guys!
I can't keep up with all your analytical threads: RPIs, seeding, who's on first (joke), etc.
I did see CT is pitching tomorrow( according to Duke's game notes).
If we win then who pitches Saturday, and win who pitches Sunday?
I guess what I really mean is if we keep advancing in NCAA tourney then we need more than 3 starters?
Roedig on Sat and maybe Gibson on Sun? Curry?
If Curry is ready to go, but you want to limit him... thoughts on making him the closer for weekend & having English start Sat or Sun?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Im not watching, but do any of y'all know what happened to Lville? Did they rest their typical starters for regionals?

They just didn't come to play. No excuse for 2 one run games imho.

Baseball America has GT as #9 seed behind ECU at #8, hosting Florida, Illinois and Samford

And ECU is well (135 points) ahead of us in rpi which imperfectly factors in SoS. It's a hair difference since we had a much harder schedule and only opinion difference imho. Glad we won yesterday. If ECU loses another game in the next 3, I think we edge them with a win.

It is just one poll/opinion. There are others with GT ahead of ECU. I am surprised these two losses didn't affect Louisville at all.

We won't know the impact on L'Ville till the announcement. I think that unfortunately, they are still a National Seed lock. We could pass them in rpi as we are only 2 points behind them. And Texas Tech at #8 is only 15 points ahead.

Just. Beat. Duke.

NW GA JACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
The rpi formula is flawed. I admit I have no idea how to figure it, but any formula that a team can win and lose points is a flawed system. I don’t care who you played, if you win, you shouldn’t lose points, maybe not gain, but certainly not lose. Of course I also think any tournament that produces 4 meaningless (so to speak) games is also very flawed.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Ok... now that we're throwing Xay around. Just to get grounded again... as far as I know, there has been no update on Xay. The last thing I recall from CDH on this was he did not expect Xay to be ready for this tournament. That was after Mercer game, I think... so lots could have changed. Anyone have better info than that?

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Ok... now that we're throwing Xay around. Just to get grounded again... as far as I know, there has been no update on Xay. The last thing I recall from CDH on this was he did not expect Xay to be ready for this tournament. That was after Mercer game, I think... so lots could have changed. Anyone have better info than that?
Thought I heard/read that Curry threw a pen on Mon or Tues and felt pretty good? My guess is he is available for relief tomorrow.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
UL is certainly not a seed lock right now. Not even close. At least 1 ACC team will get one. If we win 2 more games it’ll be us. If not then we’ll need Texas Tech and ECU to faulter.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
It is just one poll/opinion. There are others with GT ahead of ECU. I am surprised these two losses didn't affect Louisville at all.
These two losses will hurt Louisville. My guess is they may well lose a National Seed as a result, depending upon what other teams do.

ECU lost the first game of their ocnference tourney as well, then won yesterday. If they lose their next game, they could also be on the outside looking in for a National Seed (#1-8)