2019 ACC Baseball Tourney

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Check this out for Thomas' work in T2 - both in pitch count and in strike percentage. I particularly like the "FFS" batter.

O8HRl46.png
An immaculate inning.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
40th win of the year.

Hopefully this win sews up the National no. 8 seed, regardless of the outcome in Saturday’s semi.

But ... Coach Danny Hall was correct when he stated before the ACC tournament that his team needed to win every game. Yes, sir.

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
This is pure speculation, but the fact Hall used Hughes out of relief against ND leads me to believe Curry could be available to start tomorrow.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
It didn't end up hurting us but man if that was a called sacrifice bunt that's probably a bad call.

Every guy in this lineup can hit. It drives me nuts that we turn to bunting the runners over so much. We've been doing it for years.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I assume we will start Roedig tomorrow as he is our #3 starter. My guess is that IF X is available at all, it'll be out of the pen (but that's just a WAG).

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Plan on going tomorrow. Anyone have any idea on whether I'll need to get tickets early? Thanks....and go Jackets!
I would go ahead and buy them online if possible. NC St. always packs the place out pretty good, and this is a huge game for them in terms of NCAA seeding. I would imagine the lower bowl will be entirely full, and a good chunk of the “upper deck” will be as well. Place holds 10,000, but I’m not sure if they open the outfield seats to sell. I’d be very impressed if we just got 1,000 Tech fans in the building

GT22

Georgia Tech Fan
I would go ahead and buy them online if possible. NC St. always packs the place out pretty good, and this is a huge game for them in terms of NCAA seeding. I would imagine the lower bowl will be entirely full, and a good chunk of the “upper deck” will be as well. Place holds 10,000, but I’m not sure if they open the outfield seats to sell. I’d be very impressed if we just got 1,000 Tech fans in the building
Thanks for the replies, that's what I was afraid of. Not a long drive from Greensboro, but would hate to get there and be sent packing! (Pun intended)

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Anyone have the scouting report on NC state? Will we be facing their ace?

Saw a little of their UNC series, but not much. They're in an interesting position because they're a borderline Regional Host right now. So despite the FSU game being meaningless tonight in terms of the ACCT, they probably want to make sure they still win. So they might use some of the better relivers in a close game to make sure that happens.

UNC is down 0-5 right now to Miami, but I'm rooting for them to win. They'd have a decent turnout tomorrow too and they'd certainly be cheering against NCSU. Sounded like we had more of a crowd than Duke did today in their home stadium and I suspect a portion of that was UNC fans cheering against Duke.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Plan on going tomorrow. Anyone have any idea on whether I'll need to get tickets early? Thanks....and go Jackets!
You should have no problem but NCSU will bring a lot of fans. Stadium holds 10000. I have season tix to the Bull's games so I go there a lot. May go myself this time. Sit on the first Base side in sections 108 110 or 208 210 to be in the shade. My tix are in 110 right behind the dugout.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Pretty sure they will open the entire stadim. They had a championship game a few years ago that filled it up between unc and state. Went a lot of extra innings.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
You should have no problem but NCSU will bring a lot of fans. Stadium holds 10000. I have season tix to the Bull's games so I go there a lot. May go myself this time. Sit on the first Base side in sections 108 110 or 208 210 to be in the shade. My tix are in 110 right behind the dugout.
If you do sit on 1st base side, you'll be surrounded by NCST fans. That's their dugout for tomorrow's game. I'd expect most Tech fans on 3rd base side. By 5pm... most of the seats should be in shade... right @g0lftime ?