2018 ACC Football Kickoff

Animal02

Banned
Where did you get your numbers and why do you think these numbers are misleading? Spending per athlete is pretty straightforward and the numbers came from public reports filed by NCAA Division I institutions, adjusted for inflation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Got it from the website you linked to. Spending on "all athletes" is misleading because the number of sports offered will vary based on the individual institution. Comparing football only is a much more apples to apples comparison.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Got it from the website you linked to. Spending on "all athletes" is misleading because the number of sports offered will vary based on the individual institution. Comparing football only is a much more apples to apples comparison.

Not misleading, maybe not what you wanted. My point was that we spend nearly as much per athlete as Clemson, which is true.

Last edited:

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Here's the thing about johnson, he will always whine about things that Tech doesn't have for the football program.Some of that has changed since Stansbury arrived. Yet he continues as he did at the ACC meetings to point out what other schools (clemson) has that he doesn't have access to. Do what you get paid for, recruit,coach,do interviews, go out and talk up Tech football and invite people out to the games. Sell the program and quit bitching!
I don't have the link handy, but Coach Johnson was ranking #25 if the rankings of college coaches with the most productive offenses. Over some other folks that get a lot of press as offensive wizards. Never mind...I found it. https://www.tampabay.com/sports/flo...mong-college-footballs-offensive-masterminds/

I think he does his job just fine. Even though, I could sure use another ACC Championship.

Animal02

Banned
Here's the thing about johnson, he will always whine about things that Tech doesn't have for the football program.Some of that has changed since Stansbury arrived. Yet he continues as he did at the ACC meetings to point out what other schools (clemson) has that he doesn't have access to. Do what you get paid for, recruit,coach,do interviews, go out and talk up Tech football and invite people out to the games. Sell the program and quit bitching!
Spending on football per athlete (not including scholarships) has gone from a little above the ACC average in 2005 to well below the average in 2015. CPJ has every right to complain.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Start strong and finish stronger. Mutts released Tech game tickets today $100 per ticket, first come first served.

I’m gonna be there to watch us break mutt hearts again. It’s addicting, and I need my fix.

THWG, Go Jackets!!!

Did you buy them through UGA? I got an email on June 1st encouraging me to buy away game tickets. I guess if you buy them through GT then you are in the GT section but if you buy them from UGA then you can sit where you want. Just curious. I’m thinking about going too.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Did you buy them through UGA? I got an email on June 1st encouraging me to buy away game tickets. I guess if you buy them through GT then you are in the GT section but if you buy them from UGA then you can sit where you want. Just curious. I’m thinking about going too.

Sister and brother in-law are mutt alums. I get tix in Athens thru them and return the favor for games at BDS.

Milwaukee

Banned

What planet has this idiot been living on?

Virginia running back Olamide Zaccheaus

“Their defense is always really good, and you know they’re going to come after the quarterback and they’re going to be confident with their DBs and they’re going to man them up sometimes, especially on the outsides. They’re a really good defense.”

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

2018 All-ACC Preseason Football Team
(Total votes in parenthesis)

Offense
WR – Jaylen Smith, Louisville (90)
WR – Kelvin Harmon, NC State (71)
WR – Hunter Renfrow, Clemson (62)
TE – Tommy Sweeney, Boston College (106)
AP – Greg Dortch, Wake Forest (64)
OT – Mitch Hyatt, Clemson (130)
OT – Chris Lindstrom, Boston College (72)
OG – Parker Braun, Georgia Tech (83)
OG – Phil Haynes, Wake Forest (65)
C – Justin Falcinelli, Clemson (56)
QB – Ryan Finley, NC State (102)
RB – AJ Dillon, Boston College (112)
RB – Cam Akers, Florida State (94)

Defense
DE – Clelin Ferrell, Clemson (122)
DE – Austin Bryant, Clemson (80)
DT – Christian Wilkins, Clemson (122)
DT – Dexter Lawrence, Clemson (119)
LB – Joe Giles-Harris, Duke (103)
LB – Shaquille Quarterman, Miami (98)
LB – Kendall Joseph, Clemson (84)
CB – Mark Gilbert, Duke (79)
CB – Michael Jackson, Miami (68)
S – Jaquan Johnson, Miami (103)
S – Lukas Denis, Boston College (64)

Special Teams
PK – Ricky Aguayo, Florida State (119)
P – Sterling Hofrichter, Syracuse (33)
SP – Anthony Ratliff-Williams, North Carolina (97)

ACC Player of the Year
1. AJ Dillon, RB, Boston College – 45
2. Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson – 42
3. Ryan Finley, QB, NC State – 37
4. Cam Akers, RB, Florida State – 13
5. Greg Dortch, WR, Wake Forest – 3
T6. Joe Giles-Harris, LB, Duke – 2
T6. TaQuon Marshall, QB, Georgia Tech – 2
T8. Zach Allen, DE, Boston College – 1
T8. Eric Dungey, QB, Syracuse – 1
T8. Jaylen Smith, WR, Louisville – 1
T8. Olamide Zaccheaus, HB, Virginia – 1

http://theacc.com/news/2018/7/24/2018-all-acc-preseason-football-team-announced.aspx

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Those numbers are misleading. All adjusted for inflation.
Football spending.....
Clemson
2010. - $218,770 2015 - $ 276,431.
Tech
2010 - $185,904 2015 - $212,253

Now the real important numbers....without scholarships included
Clemson
2010 - 183,598. 2015 - $238,523 (30% increase)
Tech
2010 - $152,328. 2015 - $169,097. (11% increase)

Clemson was spending 20% more than Tech in 2010 and it is now around 40%

And just for kicks
Without scholarships
Alabama
2010 - $328,776. 2015 - $385,198
Georgia
2010 - $196,498. 2015 - $238,040
And who says money can't buy championships?

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Swofford reveals potential ACC Network programming
Link
http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-spt-...story.html

from the ACC Kickoff/Media Days:

Next year’s launch of the ACC Network figures to change those scheduling norms. Commissioner John Swofford revealed those programming details, and more, during a one-on-one interview Wednesday afternoon. Swofford also addressed ACC Network distribution, financial projections and the revenue gap his member schools are fighting against their Power Five peers.

Swofford cemented Wednesday that the ACC will stage multiple league games to start next football season. He didn’t reveal matchups, but based on non-conference contracts already in place, the most likely candidates are Virginia Tech at Boston College, Georgia Tech at Clemson and Pittsburgh versus Syracuse or Virginia.

Most notably, Swofford said the ACC is seriously considering playing seven conference men’s basketball games, spread over multiple days, to start the 2019-20 season. One of the league’s 15 teams would have a bye, perhaps Duke — which, along with Kentucky, Kansas and Michigan State, competes in November’s annual Champions Classic.

“This is our approach to closing that gap,” Swofford said. “The SEC Network was probably an anomaly in the sense it got to its max very quickly, unlike the Big Ten Network and certainly unlike the Pac-12 Networks. And we’ve based our (revenue) projections very realistically and conservatively.”

Naturally, Swofford declines to share projections.

“Obviously the sooner the better,” he said of closing the gap, “and that’s based on distribution. Distribution’s often based on content, so we need to have the best content generally speaking that we can have on the ACC channel. And that’s how both ESPN and the ACC maximize the business proposition.”

Like the SEC, the ACC will have the power of ESPN’s parent company, Disney, to leverage cable providers into carrying its network. If a cable outfit balks at the ACC Network, Disney can withhold Disney Junior.

“I don’t think anybody can (leverage) better than Disney and ESPN,” Swofford said. “That’s a tough world … and a lot of times things go right down to the midnight hour, and it did even with the SEC Network.”
David Hood: Clemson vs. GT on a Thursday night to open 2019 season?
According to what we have been hearing - and are still waiting on Clemson and the ACC to confirm - Clemson will host Georgia Tech on a Thursday night in the season opener in 2019 and it could be on the new network. Clemson last played at home on a Thursday night was in 2013, defeating Georgia Tech 55-31. Clemson and Georgia Tech have split four Thursday night games.