2017 Spring Practice

Benson Brand

Georgia Tech Fan
I like the qbs, we have one that can throw the skin real well and the other is a running machine(with #11 injured). I see 7 or 8 real wins and another 1 or 2 if we can keep punching in a good fight. From what I have seen the issue is consistency. Our ol has to get nastier on the d. Our d is a beast machine. When they clickin, they are hitting. Broken plays kill us doe. We cover good but when the play breaks down we don't cover the gaps well. The QB spot will have to probaly be by committee no matter who starts. Between them 3 we get Thomas back. But not alone. We will have a bowl game selection for sure in my opinion.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I like the qbs, we have one that can throw the skin real well and the other is a running machine(with #11 injured). I see 7 or 8 real wins and another 1 or 2 if we can keep punching in a good fight. From what I have seen the issue is consistency. Our ol has to get nastier on the d. Our d is a beast machine. When they clickin, they are hitting. Broken plays kill us doe. We cover good but when the play breaks down we don't cover the gaps well. The QB spot will have to probaly be by committee no matter who starts. Between them 3 we get Thomas back. But not alone. We will have a bowl game selection for sure in my opinion.
Thank you

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Mills has been kept out of scrimmages as much as possible. Benson does not deserve to beat out Mills, because he is not better than Mills, and neither was MM. Johnson is a great football coach and he knows talent. He does not play favorites.

Mills if he stays healthy will have a career in the NFL. His vision is amazing in a little box. He will be a great one back his patience and vision reminds me of LaVeon bell

gtpkt

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah. If Benson is as good as advertised, that's awesome, because we've already seen Mills do work last year. I really hope we have a guy that can come in there and be a different type of threat. Just like InsideLB said, some of our best teams had that one-two punch.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Mills if he stays healthy will have a career in the NFL. His vision is amazing in a little box. He will be a great one back his patience and vision reminds me of LaVeon bell
I can see the comparison to Bell as far as vision, but not patience . Bell is a different animal when it comes to patience, no other back like him in that aspect imo. I think the incoming freshman, Mason is a good comparison to Bell.

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
If Kirvonte ends up being better than Mills or even close to that level, that would be sweet news to me as a fan.. We already know what we have in Mills and if Kirvonte is near that same level, dear God beware! You can expect us to pound the ball 40+ times a game, gain yardage and eat clock like its cake

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
The d is playing with a lot of passion. They are flying around. We have depth. I really like what I see. We are deeper along the LOS than we have been in a long time.
Thanks for the info, how are the LB's looking? Are we slim with depth there?

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
I hope KB is the best back to ever play here and we have the best team that Tech has ever had but the thing I can guarantee is the best players play.