2017 Spring Practice

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I agree, it's a privilege to be at the practices. And that's good to hear about the front 7, thank you.
If you watch the video for Saturday, Askew did a Milton impersonation with punching the ball out at the 1 yard line. Also you see the end of the throw on that play, and that pass was from Jay Jones, he would have accounted for three TD's if it wasn't for the fumble, two passing one rushing.

No, staying at the GT Hotel. I have not heard if the rv lot is going to be open or not. So Driving downtown in a rv Friday afternoon... We decided to leave Friday morning and stay in the hotel.
Sure hope to get the chance to at least meet you, and several others also, Friday night. I will probably be hanging out with buzzwiser.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
I believe we have the talent we need to win. Mills has had limited reps in scrimmages and looks great when he is in there. Benson and Quaide ( sorry about last name then first name im a uga grad so I go with what's easiest to spell) have both had great springs. I'm very excited for both of them. Looking forward to watching them Friday night. The weather is going to be perfect ! 3 b backs w 3 years of eligibility left! Gotta love that.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Looking forward to watching our talented backs this year. 30 jumps out as a player that is going to help us win games. We have some very talanted running backs. As a dad of a OL. No one is happier than I am to have them back there.
BTW, for those that may not know, KiVonte is #30.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Not really any new information if you have been reading the articles others have posted, but the additional footage from practice is fun to watch. I had to look up who #13 was and that slick run at the beginning was from Jay Jones.

The beautiful pass that turned into a fumble out of the end zone was from Jay Jones as well.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Jay Jones just looks like he glides across the field.
I've been saying it for a while now, he has the ability to be very very good. Just watch his high school tape (I understand it doesn't mean it will translate to college) but the dude can sling the ball, imo better that JT when he was in high school. Plus Jones can probably carry more weight than JT which means he can, when he learns everything, run the full offense because he can have the skill set and size to do so.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
If you watch the video for Saturday, Askew did a Milton impersonation with punching the ball out at the 1 yard line. Also you see the end of the throw on that play, and that pass was from Jay Jones, he would have accounted for three TD's if it wasn't for the fumble, two passing one rushing.
Just a little memory check ... I think you're thinking of DJ White punching the ball out of the big RB in the game at Pitt in 2014.