2017 Spring Practice

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Kirvonte apparently has good talent. Needs to improve on blocking assignments and probably technique from what I've read thus far. I still contend the potential to be good or great on O next year depends on guys staying healthy and skill player blocking.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Kirvonte apparently has good talent. Needs to improve on blocking assignments and probably technique from what I've read thus far. I still contend the potential to be good or great on O next year depends on guys staying healthy and skill player blocking.

I'm hoping he can slide into the MM role, he has explosive speed :D We know DM will get the lion's share of carries but if Kirvonte can be ready as the #2 it would be a perfect storm.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
why settle for the four horseman and shoot for Heisman's backfield instead
http://library.la84.org/SportsLibrary/CFHSN/CFHSNv01/CFHSNv01n3a.pdf
should probably stray from calling anyone Big Chief though. PC Police might not like it
Fascinating. Too bad "Issue 4" wasn't included to so we could read the rest of the story.
I had never heard Guyon called "Big Chief" before; I had only heard "Indian (or Injun) Joe Guyon. Neither are PC, but who gives a damn? I sure don't, and I doubt Guyon did either.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Good for Sott- "Scott Morgan is coming along as the backup center. Morgan began his career on the defensive line (he was named defensive scout-team player of the year in 2015) and moved over to the offensive line going into his redshirt freshman season a year ago, but did not appear in a game. He is the No. 2 behind Kenny Cooper.

“The center-quarterback exchange, that’s been developing, and I think that’s something you have to work on all the time,” offensive line coach Mike Sewak said. “Because you can go and take snaps on the side all you want, but it’s when you’re in the critical situations when you’re in the heat of the battle whether or not you can take a snap (that counts), and he seems to have done a fairly good job at it. I can’t say it’s the best job, but he’s ahead of the curve I thought he’d be at.”

While center Freddie Burden was remarkably durable, missing only one start in three seasons, Sewak places a high value on having depth at center because it’s a position susceptible to injury. Having Morgan ready to go is a high priority."

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
I definitely was one of the posters that was getting weepy when Marshall elected to transfer. The thought of losing a talent like that to transfer gave me some heartburn. Its good to hear that Benson could be a capable BB. He definitely has the body type. I've often wondered what our offense would look like with a Devonte Freeman-type back in that role and I'm anxious to see how Benson produces. Lord knows he'll be tough to see from the backfield and a load to take down when its time.