2017 Spring Practice

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Just a little memory check ... I think you're thinking of DJ White punching the ball out of the big RB in the game at Pitt in 2014.
You are right, idk why I was thinking it was Milton, thanks for the correction. That was the game when the D forced, I think 3 turnovers on the first 3 drives for Pitt.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
We have cleaned up this thread a bit & I apologize for having to delete some incidental posts but we felt it was the best way to avoid any problems with GTAA. I know that the majority of the fans on GTSwarm only want the very best for GT football, players, and coaches and we all wish all the players well and are confident the coaches make their choices based on who they feel gives us the best chance to win.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
(y)

I think he's thinking of Nealy knocking the ball out of Sony Michel's hands at about the 1 or 2 yard line. I think that was in the first half, and we recovered it in the endzone.
There were two ... One was Chubb at the goalline and the other was Michel on a longer run right near the goalline as well. The Chubb one we recovered inside the 5 and the Michel one we recovered in the endzone. Darn if I can remember who caused and recovered those. I'm thinking Isaiah Johnson was in on both of them.

BTW, this thread is worthless without clips. :)

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
We have cleaned up this thread a bit & I apologize for having to delete some incidental posts but we felt it was the best way to avoid any problems with GTAA. I know that the majority of the fans on GTSwarm only want the very best for GT football, players, and coaches and we all wish all the players well and are confident the coaches make their choices based on who they feel gives us the best chance to win.

I think one of my posts was one that was deleted and probably deserved to be. Best be forgotten and look to a successful and hopefully injury free end to spring practice.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
There were two ... One was Chubb at the goalline and the other was Michel on a longer run right near the goalline as well. The Chubb one we recovered inside the 5 and the Michel one we recovered in the endzone. Darn if I can remember who caused and recovered those. I'm thinking Isaiah Johnson was in on both of them.

BTW, this thread is worthless without clips. :)

It was I.Johnson with the fumble caused and Marcordes with the recovery. That whole series of events - Milton knocking Chubb out at the 2, barley preventing the TD on 1st down, and then the fumble was pretty incredible.

And, on this one it was Nealy with the hit and I.Johnson with the recovery.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
(y)

I think he's thinking of Nealy knocking the ball out of Sony Michel's hands at about the 1 or 2 yard line. I think that was in the first half, and we recovered it in the endzone.

Yes, it was Nealy making a play at the end of the long run. If Sony had to do it over, he would not have tried that extending the ball at the pylon trick as that was a factor in his losing possession also. Well, now that I look at it more closely I think that Nealy just ripped it out as he was going by. Anyway, IJ was Johnny on the spot once again for the recovery.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I definitely was one of the posters that was getting weepy when Marshall elected to transfer. The thought of losing a talent like that to transfer gave me some heartburn. Its good to hear that Benson could be a capable BB. He definitely has the body type. I've often wondered what our offense would look like with a Devonte Freeman-type back in that role and I'm anxious to see how Benson produces. Lord knows he'll be tough to see from the backfield and a load to take down when its time.

Yes, me too. Not that I thought it was the end of the world but MM played a great game at Georgia. His last run was something to behold down that sideline breaking at least 3 tackles. But I think we are in good hands with Kirvonte. He sees the opportunity and will make the most of it. Bback is a spot where you usually will need two guys to share the load IMHO.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
One of my all-time favorite plays (in the CPJ era) was the goal line play in a Clemson game a while back where the Clemson stud defender celebrated after tackling the Bback for a loss until he realized the qb kept the ball and scored a td. The body language when he realized what had happened was something I'll never forget. Priceless!

furant

Jolly Good Fellow
One of my all-time favorite plays (in the CPJ era) was the goal line play in a Clemson game a while back where the Clemson stud defender celebrated after tackling the Bback for a loss until he realized the qb kept the ball and scored a td. The body language when he realized what had happened was something I'll never forget. Priceless!
I don't remember that. Would love to go back and rewatch on GTBob's channel if you know what year.