2017 Spring Practice

yellowjacketfan1990

Georgia Tech Fan
2017 offensive line from the popular movie SPYKIDS
CPoZue0UYAA9W42.jpg

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
My food bill went up last week! I wish I could put a pic of him walking into his first spring practice next to this one. GT has a great strength program. He is 40 lbs heaver than when he arrived.

Again thanks for will playing day one in his first year 2015. Very team oriented. At least we will get to see him 2 more years. My son took 4 years in college weight room to become big and strong and fast. Year 1-2 bigger , year 3 stronger , year for fast.

Will is ahead of schedule. You guys have the right attitilude.

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
Jordan has always been a good passer, I have never understood why people think he can't pass as needed in the offense. Some chances he has had to play he will be given 3 pass plays, tuck and run on one, throw an incomplete, then nail a pretty one. That is both not enough to go on, but also not enough to think he won't be able to handle passing. His track record has not been anything like, say, Synjyn's was.
I think the idea that he can't throw comes entirely from the announcer in the VT game which is all most people know of his passing. He threw one bad pass, which for all we know was the reciever's fault and the announcer who I'm sure has never seen him play immediately started the narrative: "option QB, can't throw"

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
The interesting thing is that looks can be deceiving when it comes to football players, especially lineman. There are plenty of examples of guys who "look like Tarzan, play like Jane." Then you have some guys that look like Fred Flintstone and play like Conan the Barbarian. This guy comes to mind:

img_0610-jpg.2358

But if a guy can play, a guy can play. Period.
He is smiling in the pic but don't let that fool you! He is nasty in all the right ways between the lines. He is one of the guys you want to have your back for sure.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I think the idea that he can't throw comes entirely from the announcer in the VT game which is all most people know of his passing. He threw one bad pass, which for all we know was the reciever's fault and the announcer who I'm sure has never seen him play immediately started the narrative: "option QB, can't throw"
I've always thought he could throw well, but in a few games I saw he didn't look to polished. It could just be as simple as needing more time to get in syncs with the WR's.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
He is smiling in the pic but don't let that fool you! He is nasty in all the right ways between the lines. He is one of the guys you want to have your back for sure.

That's the confident smile of a dude who knows he could kick your @$$ 6 ways from Sunday. I'm very, very pleasantly surprised (even though I normally have high expectations) with the ferocity and ability of our OL recruits the last few years. It really feels like Paul has finally figured out the type of linemen he needs to recruit for his O at this level. That, along with the QBs we're bringing in recently, gives hope that our offense won't slow down in the near future.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
That's the confident smile of a dude who knows he could kick your @$$ 6 ways from Sunday. I'm very, very pleasantly surprised (even though I normally have high expectations) with the ferocity and ability of our OL recruits the last few years. It really feels like Paul has finally figured out the type of linemen he needs to recruit for his O at this level. That, along with the QBs we're bringing in recently, gives hope that our offense won't slow down in the near future.

Being totally honest with ourselves. In the decade paul has been here when truly has the O been the single issue? I guess 2015. But you go back and look at those stats and its still not awful.

Flat out. The issue is D. We have players who play smart and are in the right areas just simply too slow. Or we have players that are fine athletically and in a disadvantaged scheme for their position. I hope the good lord blesses us with something worth a spit to help (either coaches wake up in certain aspects, or in others a player makes a big jump)

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer

GT has brought in a series of quick/athletic, nasty, badger type linemen in recent years. It's starting to remind me of the Nebraska lines of the mid 90's, where everybody was 285/290 and could MOVE and hit. Not a bunch of fatbodies playing grabass out there.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
I want to see will and Parker go at it in 1v1 lineman drills at practice. I bet that is fun to watch.

Will looks massive this year. I think our OL is going put back into top 3 rushing in the nation this year.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Jordan has always been a good passer, I have never understood why people think he can't pass as needed in the offense. Some chances he has had to play he will be given 3 pass plays, tuck and run on one, throw an incomplete, then nail a pretty one. That is both not enough to go on, but also not enough to think he won't be able to handle passing. His track record has not been anything like, say, Synjyn's was.
Guys, Tevin Washington ran this offense successfully for three years, and had an amazing efficiency passing record as well as TD passes. Check out his bio and it will surprise you. And Tevin could not hit the side of the barn from inside the barn. Nesbitt ran it well, and Tevin was more accurate than Nesbitt. From what I remember of Jordan throwing the ball, and reading Johnson's endorsement, passing in this offense does not concern me nearly as much as running the offense and making those decisions fulltime. ( tried to paste in the link but nadda. But it's at ramblinwreck.com