2017 Spring Practice

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I don't think there should be such a thing as being "blocked" if you are better you should get the playing time. Didn't woods say one reason he picked GT over UT was because UT wanted him to move inside?
I agree that you shouldn't be blocked if you're better than the player that your competing against. However, Freeman and Simmons are both proven seniors and will be leaders this year and Frenchie really came on at the end of this year. I think it's pretty safe to say that he is blocked now until he proves otherwise, so I like moving Woods inside to let him see the field. He is going to be an impact player in the coming years, if not this year.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
I agree that you shouldn't be blocked if you're better than the player that your competing against. However, Freeman and Simmons are both proven seniors and will be leaders this year and Frenchie really came on at the end of this year. I think it's pretty safe to say that he is blocked now until he proves otherwise, so I like moving Woods inside to let him see the field. He is going to be an impact player in the coming years, if not this year.
Plus, let him get some work inside, and then move him back outside into some space to work with, and he can be a monster.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Rivals, free side...

ATLANTA-- Georgia Tech opened spring football practice on a cool spring day Monday afternoon. Head coach Paul Johnson was in a good mood as he addressed the media after the two-hour session.

"It was fun to be back out there and it seems like a long time since we were last out there on the practice field and to get the group back out there was good. I thought the energy was good and guys were bouncing around. We got off to a good start to what will hopefully be a very valuable spring," Johnson said.

The Jackets only have three players out of action for the spring, A-back Clinton Lynch and safeties Jalen Johnson and Christian Campbell.

One of the bigger questions this spring is the quarterback position and if Matthew Jordan will pull away from the competition. Johnson downplayed the idea that it is as open as people on the outside think.

"I'm looking for Matthew to solidify the starting job at quarterback and to get better every day," Johnson said. "He needs to come out there with something he needs to improve upon everyday and work to get better."

Johnson said the notion of Jordan being unable to throw the ball is a misconception.

"People think he can't throw the ball, but he can. I'm not worried about that, he can throw it fine," he said. "Matthew knows the system and he has been consistent, been in games, started on the road and is older. He understands all that and is way ahead of those guys in that respect. We can play with Matthew and he proved that last year. I'm not as worried about the quarterback spot as other spots."

Senior receiver Ricky Jeune said that people will be surprised by how well Jordan can throw the ball.

"Matt has really good arm strength and can throw it," he said. "We worked twice a week on the whole route tree this offseason."

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Jordan has always been a good passer, I have never understood why people think he can't pass as needed in the offense. Some chances he has had to play he will be given 3 pass plays, tuck and run on one, throw an incomplete, then nail a pretty one. That is both not enough to go on, but also not enough to think he won't be able to handle passing. His track record has not been anything like, say, Synjyn's was.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
My food bill went up last week! I wish I could put a pic of him walking into his first spring practice next to this one. GT has a great strength program. He is 40 lbs heaver than when he arrived.
I don't think anybody has seen the latest pic of Will:

Sherman_Tank_WW2.jpg

I think the problem is your web browser honestly. Make sure it's updated and I'd recommend using Chrome if you're not already.

Here's the video on YouTube though.

Now that I got. I sometimes use Chrome, but it slows down my system more than Firefox, so I use Firefox on this site. I think it's generally a matter of how something is posted. I don't always get embedded links, but I can always link to a URL if listed instead.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Honestly his picture made me think he was in a recent video game.

169_170816538.jpg
The interesting thing is that looks can be deceiving when it comes to football players, especially lineman. There are plenty of examples of guys who "look like Tarzan, play like Jane." Then you have some guys that look like Fred Flintstone and play like Conan the Barbarian. This guy comes to mind:

img_0610-jpg.2358

But if a guy can play, a guy can play. Period.