2017 roster/depth

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
Wow we have a weird history of players (that contribute) quitting. Not only quitting, but quitting mid season.

If this is true, this seems to have become a theme and a problem in my opinion. We don't have the depth and talent to say "next man up" without significant drop off.

He was our leading rusher for goodness sake. Unreal.

Lawyer mark

Jolly Good Fellow
Not that I am a stalker, but I looked at his twitter and Facebook and he has not said anything. Could be true, but I'm not convinced until he tells us.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
Regarding MM... I have it second hand that he has left (room has already been cleaned out). Headed back t
Also that one of the freshman QBs is leaving too.

heading back where? This would not make any sense what so ever for him. He also seems really tight with his teammates.

Btw I kind of hate when some of you guys don't post some kind of solid info/sources of where you received your info...we aren't talking about national security here, it's just a SA that plays football for GT..if it's true then it's true but the way you say it makes it sound like a BS rumor.

Clarification would be much appreciated..

Lawyer mark

Jolly Good Fellow
What other players are saying something? I am not doubting, but if nobody says publicly, then I cannot believe he has packed up and left. Makes no sense. Especially the way kids are with Facebook and twitter...

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We need to elevate the DL play from this year and past years. Watching the game against the mutts just reinforced this point. After the snap, the LOS was moving back 2 yards immediately on run plays, and this is from an OL that has been unable to consistently establish the run against anybody. Before any of this 11-1 talk gets momentum, the DL has to get fixed. Our LBs have struggled, but Saturday they had our DLs in their lap.

In terms of roster, Adams has some explosiveness. He is the only one of our guys that really holds point at all in the middle. He gets push and eats space. As far as chasing and rushing the passer etc etc, I dunno, it's too small a sample size. He played mostly in short yardage. At this point, I am not sold at all on KCH. He gets pushed around a good bit for a heavy set guy with a low center of gravity. Glanton has some aggressiveness, but he needs to get stronger. I don't know how DE will shake out. Hopefully Woods is the real deal. We need BOTH DEs to fly into the backfield on passing downs. That will cause resource problems in protection schemes and help blitzing LBs be more effective. Simmons is showing signs of being a guy who can do that in passing situations. Keshun and Anree are coming along, but we need those guys to make a leap.

The good news is that we are not having to replace any dominant players where a drop off is likely. I will miss our departing seniors because they are Jackets and I like them, but taking a step back next year is unlikely.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Sometimes you just have to take someone's word for it. If he came out and said Justin Thomas told him on a forum before it was made public it wouldn't be good.

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
Looking at people Marcus Marshall has started following on twitter, you will see a lot of coaches from James Madison and Eastern Carolina... I have no inside info nor do I know if it is normal for football players to follow coaches as different schools after they have matriculated into a program, but I think it might imply fire from the smoke...

https://twitter.com/mdmarshall34/following?lang=en

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Very disappointing if it is true MM is leaving. Feel with DM's problems this year and one more strike he could be gone by the Fall and the job would be solely his if that is the reason MM is leaving.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
What other players are saying something? I am not doubting, but if nobody says publicly, then I cannot believe he has packed up and left. Makes no sense. Especially the way kids are with Facebook and twitter...
I will not divulge the player's name nor the association...

Supposedly to the state of NC based off of the conversation after seeing a text message, but I was busy rereading that MM was leaving a the freshman QB too when the phone dimmed out... I did not ask the person to unlock their phone so that I could ogle the text message for verification.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Another point is if he is worried about splitting time with DM he should see as ok thing to his longevity as a RB especially if he ever were to go pro.

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah, safe to say this guy's at least thinking about transferring. He wouldn't just randomly follow, ECU's, James Madison's, and Charlotte's running back coach on twitter. Hopefully he'll change his mind. We'll find out soon.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
What the hell??? What makes you think that? Guy barely played all year

He is older and played more than the other three and brought good pressure when he was in there. I noticed him several times. He moves very well, and not backward. He played in several games in obvious passing downs and IMO looked good. Time will tell who is correct.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
Maybe MM figures to sit out next season, then be the starter his last 2 years.

I'm sorry but this sounds absolutely ridiculous...so you read a text message from someone else's phone that MM is leaving but could not read the rest because the phone "dimmed out" and you didn't want to ask the player (which obviously seems like you are pretty close to him to snoop around his phone) to unlock his phone or even talk about it after out of respect.........I reeeeeally hope you aren't lying because this sounds dumb af.

mndojckt

Jolly Good Fellow
Dorian Walker is following coaches from Cincinnati
Trent Sellers is following multiple juco coaches
Christian Philpott is following multiple Buffalo coaches
Harland Howell is following coaches from all over
Jalen Johnson is following Troy coaches
Anree Saint Amour is following a coach from Tennessee State