2017 roster/depth

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Going back to DT for a moment - Chris Martin comes off his redshirt and Jordan Woods off his injury. Both have been in the program a year.
Neither replaces what we are losing at the position but they are not new to the schemes.
Woods is a SDE and Martin is still a little undersized I think. If we can get one of the three big time DT's we are recruiting they might be starting day 1.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Henderson, Glanton, and Adams can get it done at DT imo, they have played young out of necessity but should be improving and coming into their own next season

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I like their upside but they are still young. KCH will be the grizzled vet as a true Jr. We need them to take the next step for us there. DE spot has to get more pressure on QBs.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Regarding MM... I have it second hand that he has left (room has already been cleaned out). Headed back t
Also that one of the freshman QBs is leaving too.

Southpaw13

Helluva Engineer
I feel like ASA and AS have maybe eclipsed KF as pass rushers. Maybe that's just perception. I'm sure opposing defenses key in on Freeman and the way they scheme to defend him contributes to that.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Henderson, Glanton, and Adams can get it done at DT imo, they have played young out of necessity but should be improving and coming into their own next season
I usually have this exact attitude. But that is usually due to guys who are projects developing physically. None of these guys fit that mold. All are plenty big enough, one is too big. I hope they can be coached up in technique some, but quickness off the ball cannot be taught. You either got it or you don't. Instincts are instincts, they don't develop with reps.

Fwiw, I hope you are right and it is possible. I'm just not expecting it. I've been let down too many times before.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Regarding MM... I have it second hand that he has left (room has already been cleaned out). Headed back t

If true about the QB, I would think that TM stays there, maybe.

MJ (Jr.)
TM (Jr.)
Whichever freshman stays (R-s Fr.)
Oliver (true Fr.)

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
As you guys know who have seen my posts in the past I listen to a clemson flagship station in my area quite often. I do this to get a different perspective about our program.
Yesterday day, Walt Deptula has GT 11 and 1 next year winning the coastal. He said "mark the tape".
This guy loves CPJ and is one intelligent sports mind so I'd say that is a huge shot in the arm to the program next year.

jandrews

Jolly Good Fellow
As you guys know who have seen my posts in the past I listen to a clemson flagship station in my area quite often. I do this to get a different perspective about our program.
Yesterday day, Walt Deptula has GT 11 and 1 next year winning the coastal. He said "mark the tape".
This guy loves CPJ and is one intelligent sports mind so I'd say that is a huge shot in the arm to the program next year.

Yep Walt is always very high on GT. Walt really likes CPJ. I really don't think 11-1 is too low of a probability. There will be quite a few new QBs next year. Also, Pitt, VPI, UNC, and uga are all home. We need to get better across the board but what I saw on the OL this year makes me feel more confident.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I'm certainly in the boat that he's gone based on this much smoke but it's odd that finals week is still 2 weeks away.

iopjacket

Ramblin' Wreck

If what you heard is true, he withdrew from school either passing or failing.

Yoda

Helluva Engineer
Walt also said we were a 9 win team this year. Need that bowl win.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Going back to DT for a moment - Chris Martin comes off his redshirt and Jordan Woods off his injury. Both have been in the program a year.
Neither replaces what we are losing at the position but they are not new to the schemes.

And right now IMO Branch is way ahead of Adams, Martin, or Woods and has the best chance to be a 2017 starter of the bunch..