2017 Coaching Carousel

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
A couple different sources in and around the Tennessee program shared information on Monday that seems to point to the fact Gruden may be a more realistic candidate for the Vols’ head coaching position than many may think.

I am tell you this was written by Peyton Manning. There is no limb this writer will go out on. On the other hand...
LOL;):cool:(y):LOL::ROFLMAO::smuggrin:

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Yes. Hold onto hope that you're gonna get Gruden so you miss out on all the other coaches.
Jon Gruden is like a Rock Star up here in Tennessee since he has a place in Sevier County and his son goes to Tennessee. I think if he was hired by Tennessee he would probably wind up being a bust like former Wake Forest,Illinois,Texas and NFL head coach John Mackovic.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Is there room in college football for Gruden and Jim Harbaugh? Those guys together would suck the air out of the Superdome.
It would be something to see LOL;):LOL: I don't know why i'm starting to think it will either be Jon Gruden or Lane Kiffin that gets the job. Like I said earlier Jon Gruden could wind up being a bust like John Mackovic was in the 1990s.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Florida seems it be interested in Justin Fuente of VPI (as well as Chip Kelly).
If Fuente is lured away from VPI (UF has the money and armored trucks to back the deal), will he take Bud Foster with him or will Foster gamble on getting shunned over the HC job at VPI and stay?
Will GT benefit from both of them leaving for the SEC?

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
I think I remember reading somewhere that Foster said he was too invested in VT to leave at this point. I don't think he would follow Fuente and prob try at the head job.

The other open positions are
Tennessee
UT El Paso
Ga Southern
Oregon State
Ole Miss

Jobs I wouldn't be surprised to see open
UCLA
Arkansas
Texas A&M
ECU
Texas Tech
Illinois
UMass
Bowling Green

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Florida seems it be interested in Justin Fuente of VPI (as well as Chip Kelly).
If Fuente is lured away from VPI (UF has the money and armored trucks to back the deal), will he take Bud Foster with him or will Foster gamble on getting shunned over the HC job at VPI and stay?
Will GT benefit from both of them leaving for the SEC?

If Fuente ends up leaving VT, that could actually make them more likely to promote Foster. They tried going outside with a hot young coach, so if he leaves so soon, they may look more favorably on Bud’s dedication to them. At least they know he wouldn’t just up and leave within a couple years.