2017 Coaching Carousel

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
If I'm him, I stay far away. They should've given him an opportunity long ago but, due to several reasons (some alleged reason including IIRC the fact that he was with a white woman), chose to pass on him when he was the most obvious next-choice kind of guy.

I'd stay at USF and do whatever I can to whup UF's arse.
Great points,KG!(y) I've seen Scott Frost's name mentioned as a candidate.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I think Jim McElwain could be a candidate for the Texas A&M head coaching job if Kevin Sumlin is fired in December. Chad Morris of SMU could be a candidate for the A&M job also or the Texas Tech job

I'd imagine Klingsbury is safe still. Sumlin much less so. However, how can TAMU justify hiring McElwain when he was fired under such auspicious circumstances? I'd say Morris could be the guy there.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I'd imagine Klingsbury is safe still. Sumlin much less so. However, how can TAMU justify hiring McElwain when he was fired under such auspicious circumstances? I'd say Morris could be the guy there.
If I were Texas Tech I would give Kliff one more season and fire him in December 2018 if the situation is still the same. Jim McElwain would be a nice fit for BYU also since he used to be at Colorado State.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Randy Shannon will be interim Florida head coach. I think he'll be a candidate for the UCF head coaching job when Scott Frost goes to Nebraska or Florida and USF if Charlie Strong takes a bigger job like Florida or Arkansas.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Never like to see a guy lose his job but hopefully this will open the door for us with some of their recruits we were after.