2017 Coaching Carousel

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Looking back at UT and the problem they created for themselves.
Fulmer was 152 - 52 - 74.5%. But that was not good enough. "We can do better! After all Gen Neyland won 82.9% of his games!!"

So how did that "Do better" go? Kiffin, Dooley and Jones a combined 52 - 48

So now UT is again looking for that guaranteed 80% winning percentage.
What's the old saying about the devil you know......................................?

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Looking back at UT and the problem they created for themselves.
Fulmer was 152 - 52 - 74.5%. But that was not good enough. "We can do better! After all Gen Neyland won 82.9% of his games!!"

So how did that "Do better" go? Kiffin, Dooley and Jones a combined 52 - 48

So now UT is again looking for that guaranteed 80% winning percentage.
What's the old saying about the devil you know......................................?
I think Tennessee hires either Iowa State's Matt Campbell or Memphis head coach Mike Norvell

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Cut is talked about at UT in a positive way. Still, the Vol faithful want a younger, exciting and determined coach. I think he’s a great choice for UT ... but the name they want of active coaches is Scott Frost.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Cut is talked about at UT in a positive way. Still, the Vol faithful want a younger, exciting and determined coach. I think he’s a great choice for UT ... but the name they want of active coaches is Scott Frost.
The most popular names thrown out up here as of now that I've heard and read are Jon Gruden and Dan Mullen. I think the next UT head coach could be Matt Campbell of Iowa State or Mike Norvell of Memphis

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Is there ever a coaching job anywhere, NFL to IFL, Power Five to Defiance College, that Gruden is not a candidate for? He's the top shelf example of a guy with one great success who has parlayed it into a good-paying, high profile, low labor lifetime job. who hasn't coached anywhere for nine years and in college since 1989 ... as a WR coach. In Hollywood don't they call that "famous for being famous"?

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Is there ever a coaching job anywhere, NFL to IFL, Power Five to Defiance College, that Gruden is not a candidate for? He's the top shelf example of a guy with one great success who has parlayed it into a good-paying, high profile, low labor lifetime job. who hasn't coached anywhere for nine years and in college since 1989 ... as a WR coach. In Hollywood don't they call that "famous for being famous"?
There are a lot of people up here who think Jon Gruden would be a dynamite recruiter and a match for Nick Saban:LOL:

jchens_GT

Ramblin' Wreck
Seems like every SEC school with a coaching vacancy is surrounded by rumblings of Gruden at first, then eventually settle for a Saban assistant.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
The most popular names thrown out up here as of now that I've heard and read are Jon Gruden and Dan Mullen. I think the next UT head coach could be Matt Campbell of Iowa State or Mike Norvell of Memphis

Gruden is popular, but no one really expects him to take the job ... and be successful (emphasis). He was fired from his NFL gig and made no major push to stay employed as a coach. Mullen is being pushed by Paul Finebaum ... I don’t see it. He has no stress at MS State.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Gruden is popular, but no one really expects him to take the job ... and be successful (emphasis). He was fired from his NFL gig and made no major push to stay employed as a coach. Mullen is being pushed by Paul Finebaum ... I don’t see it. He has no stress at MS State.
Yeah Gruden could wind up being another Derek Dooley or Butch Jones with more charm;)