2017 Coaching Carousel

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
There are a lot of people up here who think Jon Gruden would be a dynamite recruiter and a match for Nick Saban:LOL:

Well, given that he is on the record as waiting for the "right" NFL job, and he's popped up about every time a college job has opened, and he is still there, on the tube, every day, as far away from football as ever. Personally I think he is right where he wants to be.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Well, given that he is on the record as waiting for the "right" NFL job, and he's popped up about every time a college job has opened, and he is still there, on the tube, every day, as far away from football as ever. Personally I think he is right where he wants to be.
VolNation is talking a lot about Scott Frost,Dan Mullen and Bob Petrino. Jim and John Harbaugh have been mentioned also. I think Tennessee can get Bob Petrino while Scott Frost will go to Nebraska and Dan Mullen will stay at MSU. A lot of Louisville fans think Bob is going to leave when the season is over.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
VolNation is talking a lot about Scott Frost,Dan Mullen and Bob Petrino. Jim and John Harbaugh have been mentioned also. I think Tennessee can get Bob Petrino while Scott Frost will go to Nebraska and Dan Mullen will stay at MSU. A lot of Louisville fans think Bob is going to leave when the season is over.
One of the Harbaughs at Tennessee? And they think Kiffin was not a match?

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Derek Dooley is available. Or has Vince got another son? They will get the next up and coming Butch Jones.
Imagine Coach Cutcliffe retiring as Duke head coach following the season and Butch Jones being hired as the next Duke head coach:eek::LOL::vomit: I think Scott Satterfield of Appalachian State would be the kind of guy they would hire to replace Coach Cutcliffe but I think Butch Jones would be a candidate also.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Imagine Coach Cutcliffe retiring as Duke head coach following the season and Butch Jones being hired as the next Duke head coach:eek::LOL::vomit: I think Scott Satterfield of Appalachian State would be the kind of guy they would hire to replace Coach Cutcliffe but I think Butch Jones would be a candidate also.

Butch will not be coaching any FBS school. He’s 0-13 in SEC play ... and regarded as a fruitcake.

coldbeer

Ramblin' Wreck
Wouldn't mind if Petrino left U of L this off-season. We play them next year and would love to see the Cards football program knocked down a few notches with some coaching uncertainty.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
An interesting factoid ... Tennessee is on its fifth coach in ten years. (Fulmer, Kiffin, Dooley, Jones, Hoke). Tech, in contrast, is on one - CPJ.

UT is top 5 in the country in facilities, resources, fanbase, revenue. And yet ... they can't seem to climb out of the toilet.

Consistency is a good thing.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
An interesting factoid ... Tennessee is on its fifth coach in ten years. (Fulmer, Kiffin, Dooley, Jones, Hoke). Tech, in contrast, is on one - CPJ.

UT is top 5 in the country in facilities, resources, fanbase, revenue. And yet ... they can't seem to climb out of the toilet.

Consistency is a good thing.

UT has had a problem with poor ADs since the retirement of Doug Dickey. Mike Hamilton and Dave Hart were really poor but John Currie seems better as of now.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I agree with that(y) PM will no doubt have a big influence in UT football since the word going around up here is he's going to run for Lamar Alexander's Senate seat in 2020.

Not so fast. Peyton, like Fulmer and Majors, has input to the Vols, but he's not the big money guy. That's the Haslams. And Peyton didn't look to good supporting Butch Jones until the end. Doubt he'll run for the Senate ... he's trying to get into an NFL franchise.

Re Kiffin. Don't laugh. The Vols would take him back. First, they know he bolted for USC (his dream job) as did others (Lou Holtz, anyone?). Second, they need a big name and one that knows offense. Kiffin is and can recruit and moreover, can develop talent. And ... remember, Butch Jones was the 5th or 6th choice as the others all turned UT down. As they will this time.

Of all the names out there, Scott Frost will likely take the FLA job. Petrino and Kelly are out (bad fits). I would not be at all surprised to see Kiffin get the job.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Not so fast. Peyton, like Fulmer and Majors, has input to the Vols, but he's not the big money guy. That's the Haslams. And Peyton didn't look to good supporting Butch Jones until the end. Doubt he'll run for the Senate ... he's trying to get into an NFL franchise.

Re Kiffin. Don't laugh. The Vols would take him back. First, they know he bolted for USC (his dream job) as did others (Lou Holtz, anyone?). Second, they need a big name and one that knows offense. Kiffin is and can recruit and moreover, can develop talent. And ... remember, Butch Jones was the 5th or 6th choice as the others all turned UT down. As they will this time.

Of all the names out there, Scott Frost will likely take the FLA job. Petrino and Kelly are out (bad fits). I would not be at all surprised to see Kiffin get the job.
Good Points you make,Vespidae!;)

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I agree with that(y) PM will no doubt have a big influence in UT football since the word going around up here is he's going to run for Lamar Alexander's Senate seat in 2020.
what do you guys do to deserve this up there? If he does he will think that the press questions he got as a player were submitted by his daddy. He has an awful lot to explain.