2017 Coaching Carousel

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
What is the draw with Mulleins? He is barely a 600 coach but they seem to think he is the savior?
Maybe it is his close connection with Urban Meyer?
The SEC openings will def. be interesting to fill!
He coaches up QBs pretty well. UF's offense has sucked for almost a decade

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
What is the draw with Mulleins? He is barely a 600 coach but they seem to think he is the savior?
Maybe it is his close connection with Urban Meyer?
The SEC openings will def. be interesting to fill!
I wouldn't be surprised if Tennessee threw enough cash around to get Mullen to leave MSU for Tennessee. He would be a huge step up over the past 10 years and he could have a huge impact on Tennessee's quarterbacks.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Chip Kelly is going to Florida. Maybe Frost goes to Tennessee unless they're going to try and put an end to the endless Gruden rumors everytime a job is open.
So UGA has to prepare for a Paul Johnson offense and a Chip Kelly offense every year? Lol. Can we get Leach to Tennessee to really mess up their heads?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Gruden is the extremely hot chick at a bar. LOVES the attention, and says nice things to everyone to make them think she likes them back...but there is no way she's leaving her rich boyfriend (see: ESPN) to be with someone that could ruin her reputation (see: any job he's not set up for success from day 1). Gruden is on the path to being a John Madden type sports figure, he's got shows based off his "love" for football (see: Gruden's QB Camp), and he's one of the voices for the NFL draft. He's not leaving ESPN to grind it out 360 of 365 days of the year between coaching, recruiting, making sure his players go to class, etc. If anything, Gruden has his people floating around his name to leverage his position with ESPN.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Gruden is the extremely hot chick at a bar. LOVES the attention, and says nice things to everyone to make them think she likes them back...but there is no way she's leaving her rich boyfriend (see: ESPN) to be with someone that could ruin her reputation (see: any job he's not set up for success from day 1). Gruden is on the path to being a John Madden type sports figure, he's got shows based off his "love" for football (see: Gruden's QB Camp), and he's one of the voices for the NFL draft. He's not leaving ESPN to grind it out 360 of 365 days of the year between coaching, recruiting, making sure his players go to class, etc. If anything, Gruden has his people floating around his name to leverage his position with ESPN.
What do you think the reaction be if he decides to be the Tennessee head football coach? ESPN and Paul Finebaum will probably lose their minds:ROFLMAO::LOL::hilarious:

Yomanser

Recruiting Insider
Retired Staff
I continue to believe that Tennessee's top 3 coaching candidates should be Bo Pelini, Greg Schiano, and Bobby Petrino. The fact that none of these 3 are even being considered is astounding to me

herb

Helluva Engineer
I continue to believe that Tennessee's top 3 coaching candidates should be Bo Pelini, Greg Schiano, and Bobby Petrino. The fact that none of these 3 are even being considered is astounding to me
I would be opposed to at least two of the three, maybe Pellini, but a quitter, no thanks and Not a Schiano fan

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I would think that Tennessee would have their head coaching hire lined up by the week after the Vanderbilt game. Here are 10 candidates who I think at this point are possible hires

Dan Mullen Miss State
Mike Norvell Memphis
Matt Campbell Iowa St
Scott Frost UCF
Brent Venables DC Clemson
Jeff Brohm Purdue
Bobby Petrino Louisville
Chad Morris SMU
Jon Gruden ESPN
Lane Kiffin FAU
Kyle Whittingham Utah
Mike McIntyre Colorado

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I would think that Tennessee would have their head coaching hire lined up by the week after the Vanderbilt game. Here are 10 candidates who I think at this point are possible hires

Dan Mullen Miss State
Mike Norvell Memphis
Matt Campbell Iowa St
Scott Frost UCF
Brent Venables DC Clemson
Jeff Brohm Purdue
Bobby Petrino Louisville
Chad Morris SMU
Jon Gruden ESPN
Lane Kiffin FAU
Kyle Whittingham Utah
Mike McIntyre Colorado

TN going to face a lot of competition for a number of those candidates. I really like what Norvell has done at Memphis but is he ready for such a microscope?