2017 Coaching Carousel

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
If Fuente ends up leaving VT, that could actually make them more likely to promote Foster. They tried going outside with a hot young coach, so if he leaves so soon, they may look more favorably on Bud’s dedication to them. At least they know he wouldn’t just up and leave within a couple years.
I think Justin Fuente would be a great hire for UT is they managed to accomplish that. If Fl0rida doesn't go after Scott Frost Tennessee will that's pretty much guaranteed.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Chip Kelly is going to Florida. Maybe Frost goes to Tennessee unless they're going to try and put an end to the endless Gruden rumors everytime a job is open.

jacob

Banned
Florida seems it be interested in Justin Fuente of VPI (as well as Chip Kelly).
If Fuente is lured away from VPI (UF has the money and armored trucks to back the deal), will he take Bud Foster with him or will Foster gamble on getting shunned over the HC job at VPI and stay?
Will GT benefit from both of them leaving for the SEC?
Florida definetely won't hire Fuente

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Also, I know Penn State has a great football history (although its been tainted), but would someone like James Franklin go back to the state of Tennessee and coach there? He's a good coach and a good recruiter who knows the southeast well from being at Vandy.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Chip Kelly is going to Florida. Maybe Frost goes to Tennessee unless they're going to try and put an end to the endless Gruden rumors everytime a job is open.
The Volnation has their hearts set on Jon Gruden and even if they get a big name they still probably wont be happy:rolleyes: They were calling for Butch Jones to be fired the third game of the 2013 season after losing to Florida. They had wanted Charlie Strong then when Gruden turned them down.

Last edited:

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
The Volnation has their hearts set on Jon Gruden and even if they get a big name they still probably wont be happy:rolleyes: They were calling for Butch Jones to be fired the third game of the 2013 season after losing to Florida. They had wanted Charlie Strong then when Gruden turned them down.
Don't they understand that Gruden is not a recruiter? He only wants to do Xs and Os of the game and not recruit.
I think this would be a terrible hire in Knoxville.
But I'm not the one shelling out the money.

heyhellowhatsup

Jolly Good Fellow
Rice job also likely opening.

They used to run the TO under Ken Hatfield so wouldn't be surprised if they went after a PJ disciple.

What's the better job? GS or Rice?