2017 CFB Playoff

Jmonty71

Banned
Its funny. Fox is pushing the winner of Wisconsin/OSU and Oklahoma. Saying bama doesn't deserve a bowl because of the weak SOS. ESPN is saying that Bama deserves to be in, because they are in the toughest conference.

Which leads to this question. How does the toughest conference turn out a 60 something rank strength of schedule? Maybe its me. But, didn't we play a tougher schedule than Bama?

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Its funny. Fox is pushing the winner of Wisconsin/OSU and Oklahoma. Saying bama doesn't deserve a bowl because of the weak SOS. ESPN is saying that Bama deserves to be in, because they are in the toughest conference.

Which leads to this question. How does the toughest conference turn out a 60 something rank strength of schedule? Maybe its me. But, didn't we play a tougher schedule than Bama?
A question because I'm not paying close enough attention (I guess). When you say FOX is pushing one thing & ESPN another, does the "network" take a position & announce it or are you simply saying your observation is most of their analysts seem to lean a particular way.

If it comes down to 11-1 Alabama & 11-2 OSU (B1G champ) for the final playoff spot, the committee is in a no-win situation. Two HUGE programs in college football. The narrative that they pick ALABAMA for $$ does not hold because OSU is on same level in that regard. Frankly, I'm fine with either getting in & one missing out.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
A question because I'm not paying close enough attention (I guess). When you say FOX is pushing one thing & ESPN another, does the "network" take a position & announce it or are you simply saying your observation is most of their analysts seem to lean a particular way.

If it comes down to 11-1 Alabama & 11-2 OSU (B1G champ) for the final playoff spot, the committee is in a no-win situation. Two HUGE programs in college football. The narrative that they pick ALABAMA for $$ does not hold because OSU is on same level in that regard. Frankly, I'm fine with either getting in & one missing out.
I'm happy as long as UGAG gets knocked down to the Peach Bowl.

Jmonty71

Banned

To me... It comes down to the fact ESPN is invested in the SEC and Fox is invested in the BiG 12 and BiG 10. They each are going to promote their investments. I always heard that there would never be a 2 loss team in the CFP. Yet, if Auburn wins, I guarantee that changes.

To add.... Why is UCF, who is undefeated, not in the discussion?

Jmonty71

Banned
Ugag punches thier ticket to the CFP. Now time to see if OSU or Wisconsin wins.

Still say ACC winner is in and if Wisconsin wins, they are in. If they lose, Bama will slide in. Too many people promoting Bama

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
might as well post this here...say OSU beats Whisky tonight. Who gets in..a B10 champion with 2 losses or the SEC West runnerup with only 1 loss but with no really impressive wins. tOSU has already received one gift when they got in despite not winning their conference. Who would you pick and why? Me, I pick OSU because of Bama's lack of impressive wins. Plus I hate the SEC which probably is not a legitimate reason but it's there so I have to own it. If I were to listen to my pastor I am supposed to pray for those I hate but surely he doesn't mean that to include SEC teams and their fans does he?

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
This is partly our fault. Auburn beat Bama, but they were banged and bruised. We let the dawgs cruise without a fight. They will be the worst team of 4, but they will have a puncher's chance with Chubb & Michel and a very good D.