2015 jerseys

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I heard that the Tech players returned the favor after the game asking "Hey, how's that Nike gear working out for you now?"

Ok, not really but they should have if they didn't.

Who made the "Swarm Statement" t-shirts and the "Capital One Orange Bowl Champions" hats that the Jackets were wearing after the game? That shirt and hat and the company(ies) that made them would be my response to the Miss State players after the game.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Specifics, please, on how it has hurt recruiting.

Specifis, please, what players have made fun of them.

Thanks
Pick a random high schooler. Ask them if they think Russell is considered a cool brand. That's all there is to it. No one is saying that it's a huge deal and hurts us a ton, I think people are saying why even take the chance of it hurting us at all.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Russell must suck because we know that the Oracle of Omaha and the team at Berkshire Hathaway only invest in poorly run companies...

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Pick a random high schooler. Ask them if they think Russell is considered a cool brand. That's all there is to it. No one is saying that it's a huge deal and hurts us a ton, I think people are saying why even take the chance of it hurting us at all.
I watched the Ugag game at a local BW's here in Flint. There was a table of a high school football team and coaches there. I overheard a few of the kids say Georgia Tech wears Russell?!? They must suck. Another said we don't even wear that. So yea high school kids notice. I personally don't think they look "that bad". Take the R off the chest and no one would think twice.

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
I watched the Ugag game at a local BW's here in Flint. There was a table of a high school football team and coaches there. I overheard a few of the kids say Georgia Tech wears Russell?!? They must suck. Another said we don't even wear that. So yea high school kids notice. I personally don't think they look "that bad". Take the R off the chest and no one would think twice.

This is more of an indictment of those high-school football players than it is Russell. If you said they were watching a baseball or basketball game I could understand. But that is their sport. They likely aspire to play at that level one day (or at least would love to if given the opportunity). Shouldn't they be following it closely enough to know that we were ranked in the top 20 at the time?

And I wonder what were their thoughts after the game? Did Russell all of a sudden become cool because we won?

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
This is more of an indictment of those high-school football players than it is Russell. If you said they were watching a baseball or basketball game I could understand. But that is their sport. They likely aspire to play at that level one day (or at least would love to if given the opportunity). Shouldn't they be following it closely enough to know that we were ranked in the top 20 at the time?

And I wonder what were their thoughts after the game? Did Russell all of a sudden become cool because we won?
I doubt it. I live in Michigan. I can tell you no high school kid up here knows about us. It's all Big 10. Mich State, Michigan or Ohio State. All kids see is the swoosh, the UA or the 3 stripes. I highly doubt they even watched our game. It was the same time as Ohio St/UM game ...

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I doubt it. I live in Michigan. I can tell you no high school kid up here knows about us. It's all Big 10. Mich State, Michigan or Ohio State. All kids see is the swoosh, the UA or the 3 stripes. I highly doubt they even watched our game. It was the same time as Ohio St/UM game ...
If that is the case why are the uniforms even an issue?

Auburn wore Russell for years and they decided to drop them. GT always seems to be light years behind the fashion world for some odd reason. I think we have the best colors in college football and that Nike or UA could really expose that. How hard would it be to just drop them GT?? Quit being the fashion loser of college football.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
My real complaint about being with Russell is that it's nearly impossible to find any apperal. Jerseys, hoodies, t shirts, ect... I have a Calvin Johnson authentic but everything else has been garbage. It's hard to appeal to anyone outside of Atlanta or the state of georgia if you can't walk into a footlocker or finishline and buy a GT product. 90% of the items I own I had to buy online.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
You guys want to see some butt ugly unis? Follow the link below...I didn't realize how many bad ones were out there.

http://www.csnwashington.com/media_gallery/25-ugliest-uniforms-college-football

A list of someone's 25 ugliest from last year. Not sure if Nike or UA win the prize. Russell is represented.....once.
Those were some ugly uniforms. Funny thing to me is that the uniform they chose as the number one worst did not look as bad to me as the 14 or 15 that came before it. Surely this is not subjective.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Because we save a buttload of money with Russell.