2015 jerseys

GTfansincebirth

Georgia Tech Fan
Anyone know what uniforms we'll wear this season? I do like when we wear the tradition unis like we did against Duke and Southern. Maybe we change the other one? Does anyone know?

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Just for offseason fun, obviously, but GSU just switched from Nike to Adidas. I know that the staff was angry about it, and Monken even refused to wear it himself at first. Lol. But the alternate unis Adidas did for them this past season were unreal!

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
1uni.jpg

I wouldn't mind seeing us wear navy blue again for a few select games.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
To avoid the dreaded uniform topic my recommendation is to wear practice gear on game day like they do at Penn State.

Or make the throwback uniforms the permanent look that were worn back in 2007 for that Thursday night game against the Hokies as those look real sharp.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Ah....I can't resist a uni thread.

I truly think that, for most of the fan base, who makes it matters less than how conservative the look is (though there are many here that think Nike can't make an ugly uni---stand by and I may just give evidence to the contrary).

I honestly don't care much which company makes them. I just want the best deal for Tech. I happen to think that Tech's special relationship with Russell gives Tech advantages we would not receive from other suppliers. I also can't remember Tech not wearing a uni from another company. I saw a great Russell poster many many years ago featuring Tech....it had a caption about teamwork and was a shot of a ton of our guys gang tackling an opponent to the ground. So I admit to feeling a little bit of loyalty to them due to the length of the business relationship.

That being said....If Russell would tone down some of the graphic elements, many fans of this fairly conservative fanbase, would be fairly pleased I think. The throwback unis so many here are in love with....I like em for a single game a year maybe....but those suckers are looking very dated now. The horizontal stripes on the sleeves so much in demand......sorry....they look dated and downright ugly.

And those Adidas unis.....not good at all.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
It's not even the uniforms themselves that I have a big problem with, it's the perception that comes with being sponsored by Russell. We're one of the only or maybe the only P5 school that still uses Russell. It hurts recruiting, even if only minimally, and their merchandise sucks. Those reasons alone should make the switch pretty easy. The deal is what, $2-3 million a year. Could we really not get that from adidas, Nike or under armor? I mean Louisville just got an extension with adidas for 5 years 39 million. That's almost 8 million a year. I have a hard time thinking that they wouldn't want to give us a deal worth a third or a half of that. It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me, and I question the business acumen and market research abilities of whoever signed the deal in 2008.

It's not even the uniforms themselves that I have a big problem with, it's the perception that comes with being sponsored by Russell. We're one of the only or maybe the only P5 school that still uses Russell. It hurts recruiting, even if only minimally, and their merchandise sucks. Those reasons alone should make the switch pretty easy. The deal is what, $2-3 million a year. Could we really not get that from adidas, Nike or under armor? I mean Louisville just got an extension with adidas for 5 years 39 million. That's almost 8 million a year. I have a hard time thinking that they wouldn't want to give us a deal worth a third or a half of that. It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me, and I question the business acumen and market research abilities of whoever signed the deal in 2008.
I agree, especially with regards to the merchandise AND their merchandising, or marketing. It just seems that other schools using different companies have far more merchandise for the fans to buy, and they put it out there for everybody to see and hopefully buy. Does Russell do any marketing at all?