2015 jerseys

ptjackets

Georgia Tech Fan
I can't say that I have read all the post, however I would imagine that we are under contract with Russell. To make a point many years ago I was a head baseball coach at a local high school. We had a Coca-Cola scoreboard. Several of the scoring elements were not working so I called Coke to get them to come out and make repairs. Weeks went by without any word so one day I thought I would give Pepsi a call. The very next day they had a rep out and a new Pepsi scoreboard in my outfield. Back in those days we would sign a one-year deal. At the end of the season Coca-Cola approached me and not only did they offer me a brand-new scoreboard but they offered me one of those hi tech nine inning scoreboards and even cash to go to my program if I would take the Pepsi scoreboard down. I am sure that Georgia Tech must be under some type of contract that keeps them from negotiating with other reps. When the contract expires I would think they would be in a better position to negotiate with Russell or any other manufacture. I have no real knowledge about what the inns and outs of uniforms are but I do know that companies love to see their logo on TV.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I can't say that I have read all the post, however I would imagine that we are under contract with Russell. To make a point many years ago I was a head baseball coach at a local high school. We had a Coca-Cola scoreboard. Several of the scoring elements were not working so I called Coke to get them to come out and make repairs. Weeks went by without any word so one day I thought I would give Pepsi a call. The very next day they had a rep out and a new Pepsi scoreboard in my outfield. Back in those days we would sign a one-year deal. At the end of the season Coca-Cola approached me and not only did they offer me a brand-new scoreboard but they offered me one of those hi tech nine inning scoreboards and even cash to go to my program if I would take the Pepsi scoreboard down. I am sure that Georgia Tech must be under some type of contract that keeps them from negotiating with other reps. When the contract expires I would think they would be in a better position to negotiate with Russell or any other manufacture. I have no real knowledge about what the inns and outs of uniforms are but I do know that companies love to see their logo on TV.
So did you?

ptjackets

Georgia Tech Fan
I took the Coke offer and got a great scoreboard! I'm not stupid! Took the cash and purchased a portable batting cage to put over home plate while taking batting practice.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I took the Coke offer and got a great scoreboard! I'm not stupid! Took the cash and purchased a portable batting cage to put over home plate while taking batting practice.
Ah, nothing like loyalty to the product! But seriously, the competition between Coke and Pepsi is so fierce in Little League, Dixie Youth, Babe Ruth, high school and American Legion ball that a coach who plays his card right -- you for instance -- can get almost anything. I never realized how much money is at stake in these seemingly innocuous events. The Mob could learn from these guys.